Badge: Anniversary

She cocked up, or at least tried to…

Playing innocent, eh? :smiley:

I was (and am still) wondering the same thing, but didn’t want to appear dumb by asking :wink:
Must be some american thing

1 Like

I’ll give the short story.

It’s a “dating” site for people to go hookup (a lot of married people). They got hacked and terabytes of info is now in the public. Lots of prominent figures got caught. A lot of lives ruined / suicides. Now people are analyzing their code and crap has come up, e.g. Ashley Madisons website creating fake profile bots to message other people, etc. I highly recommend you read up on some of these shenanigans :smiley: .

Heeeeeeeeeere ye go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison_data_breach

V/r,

:slight_smile:

I thought it was actually targeted at married peole who wanted an affair.

This story was big in the UK also. Though another amusing fact came to light about the UK usage of the site was the gender ratio. I don’t recall the figures, but the the number of men in the UK signed up to it was in the 100’s of thousands or whatever, and the women, there were about five of them or something. <sarcasm>Great odds right?</sarcasm>
But what does that say about British men? They are way bigger cheats than the women? I don’t believe that for a minute.
Back on topic

I managed to get it, and I’m not even that good! I need to get out more… What was that site again?

1 Like

Possibly, and probable. I just remember hearing the issue with a lot of married people and it didn’t click that they were the target. I’m not married so I never visited the site :stuck_out_tongue: . I know people just dating who use(d) the site so I know married wasn’t their only clientele…

I think that’s why the hackers targeted it rather than just any dating site, they were on a “moral crusade”. And that’s also why it caused such a big stink.

They’re slogan is something like, “Life’s short, have an affair”. Not much room for ambiguity as to whom it’s aimed there…

2 Likes

That is NOT the question I asked.
WHO is Ashley Madison? Or is it a pair of names, like “Johns - Hopkins”?

:confused:

1 Like

D’OH!!! I did NOT see that one coming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.