Basic on page vs stylesheet format

While this is okay to place directly on the page, and I know this is a basic question, is it okay to link this from a stylesheet or should it be rewritten (Goggle cache might be rendering differently)?

.cen{margin: 0 0 12px 0; position:relative; top: 1px; left:45px; width: 410px;}

It’s fine to put that in an external style sheet. It’s not really clear (to me) what you are asking.

From the looks of it, I don’t know why you are moving relative positioned elements. But it’s your call.

You can place it in the page if you want. It’s your website. Just realize that maintenance will be a bit slower now for that page. It won’t make the page load slower or anything, but a huge + of CSS is that it can be called externally. Allowing for easy site-wide changes :).

I’m troubleshooting another issue, several things at once. Let me ask another question, is it alright to place a div container within a table that has relative position declared, with inner divs having relative positions.

I’m seeing on one page, where div styles work fine with padding (no relative position) but when a div style is introduced, even with no div container, it is not being cached, and actually hops off the page.

I’m troubleshooting another issue, which migh be casued by a combination of issues. Let me ask another question, is it alright to place a div container within a table that has relative position declared, with inner divs having relative positions - aas far as their maintaining position?

I’m seeing on one page, where div styles work fine with padding (no relative position) but when a div style is introduced, even with no div container, it is not being cached, it actually hops off the page.

First of all, I have to ask this, why are you so concerned with the cached version of the page on google?

You ca have a div container within a table, as long as it is within a valid parent (aka this structure below isn’t valid)

<table><div><tr>…etc

The site has been reindexed, but when viewing the cached version, large blocks of content are missing from the centers of the pages. Just the main index page has the whole center missing.

This has been holding up submitting the site to some main directories for a while now, since, if a site reviewer happens to see this, well…

Have you contact google yet like I suggested? :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t know who to contact at G. Besides, and while I appreciate your help, this does sound like that could take a while.