Becoming an online reseller?

A friend of mine is trying to become an online reseller. He has me thinking into doing the same thing. Is this a viable avenue to take in today’s economy, or is it just wishful thinking?

I know a lady who does this. She says it’s working for her, but it’s a side gig; she has a fulltime job too.

2 Likes

It really depends on how your friend is looking to be an online reseller.

I know people who have basically helped build online storefronts for businesses who don’t have the expertise and take a small cut. It’s worked amazingly well.

2 Likes

Being an on-line reseller is no different from running any other kind of retail business.

If you have a product that is in demand; if you can sell it for a price that people are willing to pay; if you can offer a high level of customer service; if you have the business and marketing skills to make it work; and if you have the required time, energy and cash to invest … then of course you can succeed. If not, there’s a good chance you will fail, just like thousands of other businesses fail every day.

That fact that your proposed business is an on-line doesn’t change that. Nor does “today’s economy”. The secret of business success is the same as it’s always been.

Mike

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it. It’s good to know that it’s a real way of making money, even if for just part time income.

Now all I have to do is educate myself on learning how to do it.

Depends upon what you are trying to sell…Some markets are new…and some have no more room for competition. It is also how u present yourself…and how u conduct yourself.
See if the venture is cost effective and then go ahead with it.

1 Like

also have many friends go way online retailers but most fail but if you have a good website with good Maketting team I believe will succeed

1 Like

At the risk of shilling for my ex-employer, you might like to look through the listings on Flippa and take a look at the financial stats on listed sites. It’s important to pick a niche you know enough about to actually run the site, but some are more profitable than others.

1 Like

When you say an “online reseller”, what exactly are you talking about? For example, reselling physical products is totally different than reselling web hosting. It’d help to have a bit more details :slight_smile:

1 Like

online is certainly the way to go as more and more people are buying their things online, the only thing is you also need to invest in building your brad online, because people feel safer from buying from an established brand online than from buying to a brand that they dont know

1 Like

Good question. It can be reselling camera equipment or anything that is in high demand online.

Thank you for this website. I always wanted to find a website that does this when it comes to learning financial stats of a company.

I think hosting reseller is best for business

Why? A statement like that is not very useful to anybody without more information. Please take the time to explain why you think this would be a good direction to take.

1 Like

there are number of reseller hosting businesses now. People are actually earning good from it.

[quote=“bagful_india, post:22, topic:100868”]
there are number of reseller hosting businesses now. People are actually earning good from it.[/quote]
Sorry, still vague to me, Please explain

It is about Reseller Hosting; What resellers do is take bulk hosting plans from a web hosting company and make their own packages or hosting plans to sell it further to customers. They do not actually do support work, they refer to the prime company from where they take reselling service. Technical support is provided by the company from where the reseller packages has been purchased.

I understand what reseller hosting is; I wanted to know why @HalesGlobalGroup said it is “best for business”.

Off Topic:

Too many people post one-line replies and don’t take the time to explain their thinking for the benefit of others. Not very helpful, and doesn’t make for good discussion.

I could agree more, because online business is promising, as I live now