Beginner mysql set up error

Hi Everyone,

I’m new with programming or whatever language that are out there. Not sure if this is the correct place that I should start a thread on this issue that I’m currently encountering.

Anyway, I’m interested in learning php and mysql hence I’m currently following “Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL, Part 1: Installation” by Kevin Yank. Everything was going smoothly till I get stuck at Post installation Set-up Task" where it was teaching regarding set root password.

Firstly, after opening the command prompt and typing the command as shown, I received an error box as attached instead of the basic statistic as described in the tutorial. I tried removing the programe and re-installing it again folllowing all the steps shown but still encounter the same problem. Not sure what happen here but my guess that something may have gone wrong somewhere but I just can’t figure out what or where went wrong.

I believe those expert out there would find this something simple to troubleshoot and therefore, I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to assist me with this.

Thanks in advance.