Beginners javascript

Hi Guys
for starters im glad that this site exists, ive just had a bit of a browse through and i found theres alot of resources on here for beginner web designers like me. i however have stumbled upon a very difficult set of questions and i would like to pose them here to see if i may get some help with…

1. Write a JavaScript code that calculates the factorial of the numbers 1-12.
    Note: Factorial equation/formula is: N! = N (N-1)(N-2)(N-3)……(3)(2)(1)

2. An online bank wishes you to write a piece of web-based solution that allows
    customers to pay their utility bills online. To create this application, use the following
    advices:
    a. Create an XHTML web interface/form called payment.html that is laid out correctly,
    with a sensible title and that contains components for the following data
    (1) First Name,
    (2) Last Name,
    (3) Telephone Number
    (4) Email address,
    (5) Account number
    (6) Utility company:
    i Gas
    ii Electricity
    iii Water
    (7) Amount to pay
    (8) Payment method
    i Visa Card (10% charge)
    ii Debit Card (7% discount)
    iii Master Card (9.5% charge)
    (9) A Pay & Finish button
    (10)A Reset Form button
    (11)A Label or Textbox to show the result

b. Following on from (point a) write a JavaScript code that is called by the Pay & Finish
button in payment.html to process the data collected and returning a sensible and
meaningful message in the label or Textbox (point 11) (e.g. We are processing your
request and the total of your payment will be £…………. Please allow two days for your
payment to be fully done).

c. You also need to write a JavaScript code that is called by the Reset Form button in
payment.html to reset/clear the form.

i can sort of manage with the first part and write the basic HTML/XHTML needed to produce the page but upon reaching the javascript section im completely lost, also in the first question about factorials im a little stung as well.
can someone please help me out with this and from their solution i can then understand how this works and be able to add to it or remember it for future purposes. i am studying webdesing and internet applications alone at home so its a little confusing at this stage
thank you for your answers in advance!

Hi reloaded3k. Welcome to SitePoint. :slight_smile:

I don’t mean to be rude, but this looks a lot like a take-home exam to me. Could you just say a bit more about what this really is? We really don’t want to be doing your exam for you. :slight_smile:

Given that these are mostly JavaScript questions, this thread would probably be best moved to the JS forum, which I will do now.