Best CMS choice for making a Restaurant directory

I’ve been looking for a restaurant directory template where each restaurant would have their own page with all the infos & there would be a search bar at the front page so that people can easily search a restaurant nearby!

I’ve been looking for a restaurant directory CMS where each restaurant would have their own page with all the infos & there would be a search bar at the front page so that people can easily search a restaurant nearby!

Any CMS that would help? Also I wanna add my own design!

There a re lots of CMSs out there that can all handle this sort of thing, so it’s more a question of choosing one. There are free ones like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and MODx, or a licensed one like ExpressionEngine. The last one is my preferred choice, but it is up to you to explore them (and others too) and make your own choice. I recommend you find a CMS that you like and learn it well, as they can be a bit of a learning curve, and you don’t want to have to learn a new CMS every time you do a new site.

is the 99$ license good enough for my directory in expression engine?

No, I don’t think so—purely because it’s only for freelancers who have a personal/business site of their own. For any other commercial project, you have to pay the full whammy. In my view, it’s worth it, but of course it’s up to you. :slight_smile:

Joomla and SOBI extension for Joomla.

I prefer to use Joomla as a back end for my installed CMS in different entities.