Best CMS

HI all,

I need to do following items by using a CMS.Please advice me the best CMS

Is Drupal or any of the CMS good ?

1. Sign up of members
  2. Payment for membership (interface with Payment gateway)
  3. Content updates
  4. Cancellation of the membership
  5. Email alerts
  6. Marketing site with one or two pages which directs the user to the membership page and a thank you page.

I think most of the features are covered by Drupal and Joomla as well. You can consider yourself depending upon your interest of learning one.

Wordpress, the best, u can do custom.

I don’t know about that. The most significant part of the business requirements is not covered by Drupal core. Looking around it doesn’t look like any good, maintained membership modules exist for D7 either. Especially so with integration with a payment module. Unless it is PayPal you would probably be completely out of luck on that end.

Have you really already checked you cannot find all these features in Drupal 7 (or even with D6 as well) ? I have seen most of them in Drupal. Have you worked with Drupal before if yes then what kind of works you have done with it? If you had, then you must have found at least user sign up, content updates. How can you say that “you would probably be completely out of luck on that end”? I haven’t seen the payment option in registration that is only part that has to be looked into. Otherwise somehow either by using free modules or by modifying something in them can be achieved everything listed above in Drupal as far as I know.

I haven’t seen a module that protects registration with a payment gateway and offers automated payment options for monthly membership fees.

Agreed on the payment part already in my last post which has to be customized by OP or still can be searched in the Drupal’s modules list. But rest of the features as far as I know are already in the Drupal system, aren’t they?

i think wordpress is the best choice

Our CMS has a paypal payments plugin we can provide, so your more than welcome to take a look at that.

Outside of that, I’d go for WP and extend it or even plunge on a commercial CMS like EE over Drupal or Joomla simply because they take a fair bit of work to get into.

My vote is for Drupal due to it’s user community and extensibility. I have been working on the platform for many years and can’t get enough! :slight_smile: