Best Code Editor & FTP Program Combination? Notepad++ CuteFTP Filezilla?

I’ve been using CuteFTP forever. I’ve grown fond of Notepad++ though. It is better than the CuteFTP built-in editor and I can see more of the code. I started using it with Filezilla. However, it annoys me that I have to switch back to Filezilla and approve the file upload. I see no setting to prevent the dialog of coming up and just upload the file automatically everytime I save it in Notepad++? I also wish it would delete the file automatically when I close it. Essentially I want a CuteFTP with Notepad++ built in. Is there anything closer than Notepad++ combined with Filezilla. I am running CuteFTP Pro 3.3. I’m too cheap to buy their latest version.

Have you tried Netbeans - it has a setup for FTP (don’t use it myself though) - excellent IDE and totally free

Notepad++ has its own FTP if you want to use it. You don’t need to switch to Filezilla if you don’t want to. It is built-in and installs with the program… If you open the plug-ins menu, you can clic on NppFTP and the FTP window will appear on the right area of your screen

Yeah - I’m an addict for CuteFTP too. But the edit’s only for emergencies! I download the file then edit - usually with Ultra edit. Sounds as if you might be a more heavy duty programmer than me tho’.

:wink: