Best free hosting

i want to know what is the best free hosting in the world ! post here your free hosting experiences !

<snip/>

There are some suggestions in this thread: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/web-hosting-96/free-web-hosting-740321.html?highlight=free

Good luck :wink:

Instead of free hosting I suggest paid but cheap hosting. You can pay 6-7 usd for I year. It’s really very very cheap and you will get what you need.

Free hosting is rubbish in my opinion. You get poor service overall. My advice is to get a shared plan. It is dirt cheap now a days especially from a lot of the Canadian or US hosts. In most cases, you’ll get a free domain as well. (At least I did when I got a shared plan)

If you really must go free hosting, I’d look for a reseller who is looking to put ads on your site. That way you are getting better service.

There are actually lots of cheap hosting available out there and it’s better to invest a little rather than worry later…

Have any free host service. I don’t know that. Please tell me more.

Thanks

The best free hosting … I can’t believe that it exists!

Which will be the best “free” hosting for you depends on how you prefer to pay for your hosting - most “free” hosting is paid for by obtrusive ads on all your pages but some use alternative methods of collecting payment such as having you fill out regular surveys.

Usually “free” hosting works out more expensive than most of the paid hosting packages around as the income you can earn from paid hosting can be as much as hundreds of times what the hosting costs.

Try Free Web Space - World It’s Me - Home

Personally I like http://ByetHost.com/- I have used them for a while and have enjoyed their services so much! They also offer an Affiliate program or a free reseller account if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

I love it either…but sometimes the site is down and redirect to other site

:):smiley:

Long days ago i try to free hosting account freehostia.com. Then i learned and experience gather. It’s best for free hosting.

Shell out a few dollars and there is always a company that suits your need to host your site. Free hosting always comes with strings attached…

You should spend a little money for quality. Don’t you care about your website being up and speedy?
If you don’t go for 000webhost, they are by far the best in terms of free hosting!

Do you mean hosting with your own domain or using a service like Blogger?

Blogger is good for starting out if you just want to get out there and mess around with code and start finding your writing voice.

If you are serious about starting an online venture, you should pay the small fee for a real cpanel account. It is completely worth it in this day and age because costs are so low and the panels are user friendly.

A lot of hosting companies will install WordPress for you so its the same as using the WordPress hosted version, you just login and that’s all you have to do. Its worth the fee to get the extra support, especially when you are starting out.

Exactly. A couple years ago I would’ve not advised to get a CPanel account due to high prices but now a days it is dirt cheap. It is accessible to anyone which makes it almost a must have a days if you are serious about having a web site or blog.

I would recommend paid hosting over a free hosting. You can easily find a good host for a very reasonable price.

Paid hosting is more reliable than free hosting. If it is for business purpose than go for paid hosting as it is better to spend some money instead to take any risk. In most paid hosting customer get 24/7 technical support. However in free hosting you may experience great delay in getting reply to your support related queries. Free hosting has many other drawbacks as well. Free hosting server are normally oversold and also loaded with advertising which not only slows down your websites but may at times also result in sites being unresolved. Free hosting is less secured moreover you may not get all hosting features. There could be other disadvantages of free hosting as well.

I don’t see the need in resurrecting an old thread, so I’m closing. Please start a new discussion if you wish to continue this topic.