Best free php commenting system that's feature-rich, SSO-compatible and self-hosted?

Hi everyone,

I’ve already looked at Livefyre and it looks good except their free version doesn’t support SSO and their free version has all the comments hosted on their side. Two things that are deal-breakers.

I have a custom website which already has its auth system that doesn’t rely on social networking and I want my users to be able to comment on thousands of different pages. I need users to be registered first but using MY auth system. And I want all the comments to be stored in my own mysql database.

I am looking for something which is feature-rich like Disqus and Livefyre, with moderation tools and an admin panel. But I want it to be self-hosted. So far I haven’t found anything that I like. Everything wants to intergrate with social networking which is nice as an option but shouldn’t be mandatory.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your time

I think that I’ll take this to the PHP forum… Maybe you can find a bit of help there. I know that I can’t suggest anything.