Best Hosting in Australia

Hi every body,

My company wants to expand its business in the Australian market. I want to know in Australia, the hosting package is best for SEO? I hope everybody helps me advice on this matter.

Thanks for read my topic:)

Well am not much know with Australian hosting providers, but i can reconn just host and site5 servcies for Australia, as both of the companies have their servers in Australia as well, so it wont be issue for you to get host your site on Australian ip.

but i can reconn just host and site5 servcies for Australia, as both of the companies have their servers in Australia as well, so it wont be issue for you to get host your site on Australian ip.

Actually, neither host has servers in Australia. They’re both very much US based.

My company wants to expand its business in the Australian market.

You can try and get a .au domain name, for a slight push in the Australian search results.

Google’s official policy is on geotargeting is here: Geotargeting - Webmaster Tools Help

You will need a company or business registration in Australia to be able to get a .com.au or .net.au domain name as you will need to enter your Australian Business Number (ABN) when registering the domain as well as confirming that the domain name being applied for either matches your company/trading name or describes some aspect of the business. Other .au domain names have other criteria to get them but all require an actual presence in Australia.

Good to know that Stephen.

Well, then the only real option remaining for the OP would be to use Google’s webmaster tools to set the target audience.

it is not necessary to create domain name only in australia

I would recommend just host in Australia.

webhostingtalk.com.au
I believe you will be able do the search and fins some good results there.

There are very few companies in the Australia offering web hosting. All are using US based data centers for hosting.

Actually, I believe US hosting company are the best choice, even you are willing to serve Australian. I use Bluehost anyway

I would recommend just host in Australia.

I’d advise against them, have never had a service with them but they loved to Spam me to try and signup.

Sadly there are better options out there, ones that surely can compete better than JustHost.

That is incorrect. There are very few Australian web hosting companies that offer hosting outside of Australia. All of them offer hosting actually in Australia and those that do offer overseas hosting as well have that simply as a side business.

It is quite practical to host Australian sites in the US if you are prepared to have page load times very slightly slower (unnoticeable unless you actually time it) - doing so is significantly cheaper. You are best to go with an actual US hosting company if you decide to do that as their US hosting will be cheaper than an Australian company’s US hosting (if you can find one of the few that offer it). You just need to register your .au domain with an Australian registrar and point the nameservers to the hosting whereever you get it.

If my memory serves me well, and nothing changed with them, they only have servers on US soil, but have offices in several places around the world.

If my memory serves me well, and nothing changed with them, they only have servers on US soil, but have offices in several places around the world.

Web host location might not be so important for global search but if we are talking about local search that is important.

I use Net Solutions for all my Aussie clients. They have servers in this country.