Best options for a high volume merchant account?

One of my ecommerce sites has really grown over the past few years and is now generating over $300k in credit card purchases a month with an average transaction value of around $200. All transactions are made online and we do not have a terminal. I haven’t renegotiated my rates for a while and am looking for some advice on where to look. What kind of rates should I be shooting for? Right now I’m on an interchange plus program and want to stick with authorize.net as my gateway.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You can instantly create an Interchange rate quote for an Internet ecommerce merchant account compatible with Authorize.net at MerchantRates.com. You can read more on this resource at this blog post: MerchantRates.com Helps Small Business with Interchange Pricing
I hope this helps.

High volume merchant accounts are always on offer by international/offshore merchant account providers.A vendor needs a merchant account when he launches his online business on the web and decides to accept payments through electronic payment methods that predominantly comprises of credit cards. In order to obtain the merchant account he looks for a good merchant accounts provider.

Just curious - why are you wanting to change? It might be worth it to talk to your processor to see what they can provide you.

If you are getting a lot of chargebacks / fraud - there are gateways that have a lot of built in options to help prevent fraud / chargebacks. With that volume, I have to wonder what you are doing to help prevent fraud / chargebacks.

Not exactly the best advice you can get, but when you do go to negotiate, be prepared to say “XYZ offered you $123”…you’ll be amazed how quickly their mindset changes. Preferrably you have legitimate quotes as well :slight_smile:

Hi there,
White Mank: Your query actually resonated with me. I am also in retail and we operate in NY and Europe. We generate approximately 375K per month at each retail site, and I have recently found the one merchant bank that offers transparent & low rates, works with international retailers, etc. They have a solid reputation and I have been with them for several years now. If you’d like any advice, insight, or have any questions, please let me know. Regards -

As this thread is over a year old, there seems little point in resurrecting it now.

Thread closed.