Best Permalink Structure for SEO?

What is the best permalink structure for SEO?

My tech guy recommended changing mine, which currently is:

domain/date/post-name

He suggests changing it to:

domain/post-name

He says the date gets in the way of keywords in the post name ("dilutes" the keywords) but I thought search bots like to see fresh content (which I have a lot of).

What permalink structure do you use and recommend?

I’d say loose the dates. Just put the date at the top of the post. That’s what I do!

I think the best is [B]/%postname%/…

hope it helps[/B]

In my opinion date info is not necessary. I always use this stlye " domain/post-name "

it’s good for me.

“Only your search engine knows for sure” but I imagine they’re well aware of how fresh the content is or isn’t.

“dilute keywords” sounds like seo-kiddie nonsense to me, but, IMHO it’s better to think of your visitors. Are they more likely to remember a date or a title?

Yep…Google time codes your content when it finds it.

thanks everyone! I decided to go with domain/post-name. going to check analytics in a day or so to detect any differences it has made.

@Mittineague

Thanks! Good point, my visitors are more likely to care about the post name than the exact pub date

good to know! seems obvious now that you point it out, but it hadn’t occurred to me before. search engines = smart.

EDIT: Short answer: Doesn’t affect SEO. All you need to do is to structure your URLs in a manner that is most intelligible to humans.

if i always use domain-postname in the permalink wordpress.

for seo, title and permalink must same,

use yoast seo plugin, for automatic seo