Best PHP classifieds software?

I agree with alka … photopost is good and very easily vB integrated.

Richard

Mustang – there is a huge difference between Photopost and Photopost classifieds. The first is excellent and the second is a big work in progress.

^^ yup photopost is awesome and I still use that. Classifiedpost has its strengths, but its just a hacked up copy of photopost really. Lots of potential but I agree it’s not there yet.

We’re working on a PHP version right now, but it is months away. It will be free, and possibly open source. We’re not sure of the final direction, but the idea is to make it fully functional, and with hooks (obviously) into our AdConnect network to let sites share content. We’re looking at Noah’s and a few others for comparison since we know we’ll have to compete with them. I’ll try to come by here when we are ready for Beta testers.

In the meantime, any “required” features you want to mention, let me know in this thread or offline.

that is a pretty cool script and free too.

I purchased Esvon Classifieds a year ago, I thought it was quite good. The admin is decent as well.

However, I found the script quite slow. Also, I found tech support a tad poor, as they were in Latvia at the time.

Expensive, but… it did do a solid job.

Esvon is an excellent software, I wish he had more staff though… and better support, he is probably swamped with all tyhe support requests + development.

And this is why I would almost never buy an encoded script, ESPECIALLY one that costs $500 and extras cost a fortune. The zip code add on costs MORE than an entire zip code database itself. Having to put their name on the bottom of every page turned me off completely. It may be decent software but it’s too bad that it’s saddled with all this.

As a result I decided to hack deltascripts’ phpclassifieds. It’s superb for free but I hacked it and bought a license. Has it’s share of weird quirks but it works and I got it to work nicely.

I know self advertising isn’t allowed so this post can be removed but I wanted to let you know about software: http://www.68classifieds.com

The purchased version isn’t encrypted.

PhotoPost Classifieds is indeed a work in progress; it was something I originall developed for my own site ViperAlley, but got enough interest from others who asked me to release it. Based on the feedback from the first verison, we added in the ability to use zip codes for distances, a bidding system and a feedback system. The users are very much involved in helping determine which features get added - we just upgraded the vB3 integration to PhotoPost 5.03 standards.

I’m looking forward to continuing the development of this product and taking it even further.

I have installed and am using Noahs Classifieds but am not sure of the syntax (or, how to write) the variables in the Possible Values * field for a column that has been set to a checkbox type.

If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the help. Probably something simple.

the deltascript php classifieds itselve is ok (free) but do NOT purchase any add-on modules from deltamods.com I purchased the e-shop MOD but it didnt work. Also there is absolutly no support… e sent tons of e-mails becuase the “Ad to Cart” button is not shown… no replay… and i pay $69.95 for that module. Also support for php classifieds doesnt work, even if you pay fo the script.
Just give a look here what happens to me:
http://www.deltascripts.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6326

I am now asking a chargeback from visa

I’m not sure if they are the same as the deltascripts author. When I was there support was rather good it seemed. The developer responded to posts almost every day. I was surprised how good it was and I bought a few copies. Worked well for me although parts of the script are a little funky.

we run a busy (2000+ items per week) classifieds site. Most of the turnkey programs got close to what we needed, but the developers were unwilling to be paid to do the customizations. Most had the same big hole - no daily updates emails. We get 80% of our traffic from the daily emails.

<soapbox> If you create a script, and someone wants to pay you very well to customize it, SAY YES!!</soapbox>

In the end, my boss took the opportunity to learn C#.NET. New version in beta now,we’ll see how it goes.

From what I remember, the Noah classified script was very nice. Never got around to demoing the evson one, but it looked quite complete.

BP

I have been using DeltaScripts PHP Classifieds for a year now and other that the fact that I have to manually activate the ads as they have not quite figured out how to get paypal payment to work. I have no problems with it, I have a liscensed version and it is open script which is nice. Also have purchased several mods extra and they all work great.

Feel it is a great value compared with other options out there!

phpclassifieds at deltascripts.com is the best that i could see

Hi,

That’s a second discussion on the classifieds software (here’s the one I found previously: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153074). I am cross-posting to this one as well since it seems that the discussion is dragging its feet a bit.

I am using iAuto, the software provided by www.iautosoftware.com. I’m pretty new in the classifieds business and started my website, www.acarowner.com, just a couple of months ago (but haven’t put much effort into it yet, as you may see). Initially I started off with iAuto 2.0.3, but recently upgraded to 3.0.

There’s a noticeable difference in the template structure. The new version uses Smarty-based template management engine, and from the onset, the main difference is that the templates are now in a bunch of .tpl files, and there’s a template folder for each of the modules (a new concept not seen in the previous version). Now I am figuring out what needs to be changed on my offline version, but overall, it’s easier to make the software do what I need it do to than before.

The membership plan feature (stuff everyone’s looking for as far as making money is concerned) is pretty straightforward and it could be better. I’ve actually talked to their support prior to the upgrade, and they are going to drastically improve the membership plans in the next version, so I personally look forward to that.

As far as price is concerned, I bought my original script for $219 (that’s as much as I cared to pay for any script, Esvon and Geo were my other alternatives, but I don’t care to pay that much for a new business venture without knowing for sure that it’ll work out ok), and bought the upgrade to the new version for $50, but a day ago they announced the upgrades are free, so I got my $50 back! For $219, I can afford the risks involved, plus I can always get an upgrade if I need to.

these guys make custom craigslist clone type classifieds and other custom software development:

craigslist clone

I got a craigslist clone running here http://01classifieds.com.

if your interested in purchasing it let me know at http://www.preconfiguration.com

What’s the recommended PHP classifieds script on the market now?