Best PHP Framework 2015 Survey

@Rick_Gortatowsky thanks for the feedback, interesting insight. I, too, would argue that PHP7 will bring with it unseen performance jumps, if current benchmarks and Travis runtimes are anything to go by.

@swader Many thanks for including Simple MVC Framework in this survey, really appreciate it.

What’s about Fat-Free Framework? It’s definitely worth mentioning.

Out of 3.5k responses so far, 6 have mentioned F3. I believe it’s niche enough to be left in the Other category for now.

Laravel and Silex :smiley:

PHP has many more advantage to bhe used. I have used PHP for creating my Website and it is so easy to use!

Would have loved to have a CMS question / option in the question list.

There is one.

Agile Toolkit not listed in the frameworks list.

Why not make the data live ? Or at least daily updates It would be awesome if there was some daily updated visualization =)

Having transparency before it’s due might influence the voters. People are more likely to vote for something that is strongly favored already if they don’t have their own strong opinion, it’s a herd mentality issue.

1 Like

I’d have to agree. Please go let us know here in the thread, when the results are made public. I am now watching it and will get a notification. :smile:

Scott

The other problem of course, and there’s not much you can do about this, is that people will also just vote for what they’ve been using recently and are most comfortable with. It doesn’t necessarily correlate with “best”, however you want to measure that.

Agreed. Hence why I rather refer to this survey as “most popular” rather than “best”. The “best” is in the title for, well, obvious reasons. :blush:

I think if this survey ask about the projects scale and customer volume, it will be more helpful.

I’d be very interested in this too.

i.e. Which projects are you using the framework for mostly?

pet projects, small websites, large websites, enterprise applications

How many users are using the application concurrently on average (if you don’t know, make a best guess)?

1-10
10-100
100-1000
1000-10K
10K-100K
100k+

Or something to that effect. :smile:

Scott

1 Like

Maybe on the next one. I feel like the more questions there are, the sooner people give up on the survey and we get incomplete results. I’ll definitely take feedback on this survey into consideration for future ones, thanks

1 Like

Yes, most certainly for the next one. LOL! :smile:

Scott

Just got a tweet that there are also Zend Studio licenses to win too. How is that going to work?

Scott

YII2, phalcon