Best PHP Framework 2015 Survey

Agreed. Hence why I rather refer to this survey as “most popular” rather than “best”. The “best” is in the title for, well, obvious reasons. :blush:

I think if this survey ask about the projects scale and customer volume, it will be more helpful.

I’d be very interested in this too.

i.e. Which projects are you using the framework for mostly?

pet projects, small websites, large websites, enterprise applications

How many users are using the application concurrently on average (if you don’t know, make a best guess)?

1-10
10-100
100-1000
1000-10K
10K-100K
100k+

Or something to that effect. :smile:

Scott

1 Like

Maybe on the next one. I feel like the more questions there are, the sooner people give up on the survey and we get incomplete results. I’ll definitely take feedback on this survey into consideration for future ones, thanks

1 Like

Yes, most certainly for the next one. LOL! :smile:

Scott

Just got a tweet that there are also Zend Studio licenses to win too. How is that going to work?

Scott

YII2, phalcon

The top 3 pick their reward. The next three pick from the remaining reward pool.

Cool. Thanks for the explanation and (should they be reading) thanks to Jetbrains and Zend for their contributions.

Scott

Laravel 4 and 5 are basically identical, so what you’re saying is totally untrue. I would know…

I’m sure you know better than I

But it doesn’t seem so “basically” to me.

Laravel 5.0 introduces a fresh application structure to the default Laravel project. This new structure serves as a better foundation for building robust application in Laravel, as well as embraces new auto-loading standards (PSR-4) throughout the application. First, let’s examine some of the major changes:

True, many seem to be “additions” rather than potentially breaking changes, but still, there’s a lot there.

Whom does this apply to?

L5 introduces a new default app structure and a few design changes, but internally, it’s exactly the same. Many components haven’t changed at all. Compared to L3 → L4, this was really minor.

So then the main source of confusion is the choice of version numbering?
i.e. instead of going from 4.2 → 4.3 a change in the major version number leads one to believe it was a major change.

I think you’re misunderstanding what a major change could be? Semver says that any breaking change at all requires a major version bump. For example, symfony 3 is release in november this year, but will be a bit like L5 was coming from L4, for symfony 2 users. Quite far from an overhaul.

N.B. Symfony 2.x doesn’t strictly follow semver, but mainly does, and laravel doesn’t at all. All laravel’s minor releases should be major releases according to semver.

A bit late in the game for that with a week to go in the survey. Those using it can use the “Other” option.

@swader A bit late in the game for that with a week to go in the survey. Those using it can use the “Other” option.

Thanks for your kind response.

“May be late but game is not over”. :smile: A week to go. Would be great if you find any possibilities of adding to the list. May help someone.

Thank you!

2 @swader
Hi!
I add task to my calendar and today one month (exactly) has gone but result still not appear.
Please, tell me the correct date of final results.

Today.

2 Likes

@Onore the results are live.