Best portable PHP/MySQL/Apache web server?

I like WAMP but I can’t find a portable version.

Which one is considered best?

The only one that I’m aware of is usbwebserver, I’ve not used myself so can’t say how good it is.

XAMPP has a portable version.

I am using zend server. I will try XAMPP which has portable version.

Thumbs up for XAMPP here. Used to run a USB version some years ago and it was great. Having said that - a dev area on a hosted server is pretty much the height of portability - you don’t need anything but your username and password! :smiley:

Is the portable XAMPP version the same as the normal installer?

Its just I downloaded the so called portable version but it still has an installer.

As far I know, there is unofficial XAMMP version without installer

I’ve had good luck in the past with the ‘Uniform Server’ but it’s a LAMP if I remember correctly. Very easy to use and can be easily modified to auto launch when the usb is plugged in. Even so far as automatically opening a file after the servers are fired up (in my case I auto launched a homepage).

I use MoWeS protable for example

I find usbwebserver great.

Just copy to a usb stick and give to the client or friend to test - it can run from the stick itself. Or zip up the folder and make available as a download from a web page (many people don’t like a big attachment by email) Once they acknowledge they have it working, I delete the download of course. Then on changing bits of code, I just send the relevant folder by email to copy over the existing one.