Best programming language to show tour?

My tour was made with java back in the day. Works perfect. But for the longest time there has been a security flaw I java so it blocks it. I have updated my java as in sure most have by now but the security flaw seems to remain as my browsers keep saying I should block it. Will java fix this? Or do I have to change the way I show the tour by using a different language?

Java applets are basically being strongly shunned now because of all the rampant security problems with it.

Oracle (the developer of Java) has nothing to do with how browsers handle Java applets. So, no, they will not be doing anything about the browser warnings.

What is this tour thing? If it’s interactive, Flash or native HTML5 canvas features are usually the ways to go. Or, just a video instead.

Thanks. Yes I know java is not browser. I figured java developer might get off his ass someday soon though and fix the issue. Then the browsers would stop the warning. He has got to fix it right? Or java would be dead ya? It’s a tour where you can drag the view k around the room as you wish. So its interactive. I doubt html5 can do that. I paid a company a while back to do it. I highly doubt I could even transfer it to another language. I’m sure I’d have to start from scratch. Anyone have a ETA on the java security hole fix?

Java is a plugin within browsers.

I figured java developer might get off his ass someday soon though and fix the issue.

It’s not just a single developer–Oracle is a corporation.

Then the browsers would stop the warning. He has got to fix it right?

The whole reason why browser developers started including warnings for Java was because known security flaws weren’t being patched in any sort of reasonable time frame. And because there were simply so many flaws.

Or java would be dead ya?

Java-based applets are pretty much dead, yes. They were popular in the late 90s and early 2000s before flash caught on. Basically, anything interactive these days is flash-based. However–flash isn’t supported on all mobile devices (phones/tablets).

However, Java as a language has several other uses. It’s just the browser plugin that is a serious problem.

It’s a tour where you can drag the view k around the room as you wish. So its interactive. I doubt html5 can do that. I paid a company a while back to do it. I highly doubt I could even transfer it to another language. I’m sure I’d have to start from scratch.

There are plenty of flash-based solutions out there.

I’d guess that you could probably find something where all you would have to do is supply the panoramic photo (and not have to pay someone to specifically develop something for you).

Anyone have a ETA on the java security hole fix?

There isn’t just one. There’s a whole mountain of security problems. The damage has already been done, and since it’s now widely known that Java plugins are a known way for infections and malware to sneak in, folks don’t want to take that risk.

Don’t count on folks to have a JRE installed or a java plugin either. It isn’t installed by default anywhere. It typically has to be manually installed by the user.

Thanks bro for the detailed answer. Mighty kind of you. Ok from the sounds of it I’m out $1500 bucks. I’ll call a tour co tomorrow and see what they suggest. That sucks eggs.

I’d recommend that you do some research on your own before sinking a lot of cash into this.

A simple search pulls up a handful of possible free and low-cost candidates

https://www.google.com/search?q=flash+panorama