Best SEO Methods after Lates Google Algorithm Updates - A Detailed Post

Hi Guys,
As i’m new here as a user, i’ve been taking a lot of programming advice’s on this forum, that’s why i’ve decided to share a helpful post to give you the best methods to rank higher, get a better page rank and get authority in the eyes of Google, Bing and Yahoo.

So if you are completely new to SEO read the first part - second part - third part.
If you know the Basics of SEO read only the second and the third part.
If you are Advanced in SEO read both second and the third part too.

First Part:

What is SEO:
Search engine optimization is optimizing your website for a search engines, to be more exact (To rank a keyword on top of Google). Search engines are complicated and so it is ranking keyword on search engines. I will be talking more about Google as it is the most used Search Engine, but also Bing and Yahoo use the same concepts as i’ll be talking here.
Google ranks sites taking in consideration : Links + Content + Website Design + Website Speed + Hosting + Some other things that we will be mentioning later.

In Search Engines the most important things when it comes to the rankings are: Links and the Content.

Content:
So for beginners, it is very important to create quality content if you want to go to the link building. It is very unnatural if you build low quality content to your site, firstly visitors won’t stay on your page, (Bounce Rate - Will be high). Google will consider as low-quality content site and even if you build a lot of links, you won’t be ranking high.

Links: Links are a very important factor when it comes to ranking. Sites with the most quality links are ranked on top of Google.

Website Design : Your Site Design, must be user friendly so your users will stay more on your site.
Website Speed : Speed is one of the factors that is considered on site ranking.

Hosting: Hosting is also a very important factor when it comes to ranking, always try to choose the right host for your website.

I won’t be talking more for Newbies here, Search on Google if you want to learn more about SEO.

Part 2 :

What is Panda Update:
Panda update is released by Google to kill low quality content sites.
What is considered a low quality content site nowadays?

Low Quality Content sites are considered sites with grammar mistakes, Very Short Articles (not high Quality), Over-Keyword-Optimized, Tags.

1. Panda has hit the sites that were created for farming purpose. So if you have low quality on your site than it is possible that you have been hit by Panda.
    Low quality content is an article which has grammatical errors
    Users do not like it
    Users do not stay enough on that article page.

Over Keyword Optimized sites are those sites that use the same keyword a lot of times in the content. (These sites have been hit hard by Panda).

Tags (Over using the same Keyword).
Always try to find Synonyms of your keywords when it comes to the Tags keywords.

What Google is looking nowadays is :
Quality Content (Original with no grammatical mistakes)
Low Bounce Rate.
Keywords (Do not over optimize).
Social Signals (Shares of your article, Likes, Tweets).
Links: (How you connect your inner pages).

You see, it is pretty simple, it is not a science but most of peoples fail to do right the simplest things.

Penguin Update:

We were hit by Panda, but just some days latter, Penguin came from the water and hit our sites again. I saw that a lot peoples were hit by Penguin.
Even though they may had the best Content, the problem was the links were not natural, low-quality, and had high outbound links.
A lot of peoples came to me and a lot of companies paid to re-cover their sites from Penguin. I’ve been doing pretty well with those sites… I’ve achieved to re-cover most of the sites and right now i’m working just to rank them on the positions they were (first 5 positions) as they are in the first page right now.

Anyway, what i saw from this experience is :

Google is not being evil, it is just trying to give to visitors the best results. To bring the best results they have had to change some of the factors on their algorithms.
I know that you may ask me… Common man what are the best methods of link building? Okay fellas, here is the list of the best methods to rank a keyword after a panda update.

1. Blog Posts:
    Whether you agree or not, these are the best links right now and they will always be. Getting a link on a Blog post is like getting 100 other links.
    But it is not just getting a link in a blog post that will help you gain rankings. The link in the post that you write should be posted in a blog with a Good Page rank (Because it will give you Page Rank too), Domain Authority should not be less than 30 and it shouldn’t have a lot of outbound links.

2. Forum Posts:
    Believe it or not, forum posts are a great way to build links, Remember do not build anchor links on forums or blog comments because it can hurt your rankings.

3. Blog Comments:
    Even though i see a lot of peoples saying that blog commenting is dead, let me give you a piece of advice, Blog Commenting is still a great way to build links…
    You just need to do it in the right way. Forget the times of creating automatic comments - nowadays you should build natural and manual links.

4. Infographics:
    Infographics are a great way to get links, People like visual things as they understand better.

These are just 4 of the best methods of link building after Penguin update but remember co-citation are also a great way of ranking high on Google.

I’ve tried to explain some important factors of ranking nowadays on Google, if you achieve to build links as i said, i’m sure that you not only will recover from Panda and Penguin but you will also rank very high even for competitive keywords.

You can contact me if you need any help.

[font=verdana]

In what way does Google consider website design or hosting? Google is basically blind – it doesn’t look at your website, it just reads the content. Having an ugly design won’t directly impact on your ranking in Google (although I agree that it can affect other factors). And nor is hosting a big deal – as long as you have a reputable host that doesn’t suffer loads of downtime or slow speed, Google couldn’t care less who you host with.

In Search Engines the most important things when it comes to the rankings are: Links and the Content.

Yes, except that to emphasis the importance, I would say it’s the other way round, more like content and links.

Content:
So for beginners, it is very important to create quality content if you want to go to the link building. It is very unnatural if you build low quality content to your site, firstly visitors won’t stay on your page, (Bounce Rate - Will be high). Google will consider as low-quality content site and even if you build a lot of links, you won’t be ranking high.

It’s important to highlight and distinguish the two factors here.

First, and most important – if you don’t have good content on your site, people won’t stay there. Even if they visit, whether from a direct link or a search engine, they’ll take one look and run away. And so you’ve lost your sale, you’ve lost your advertising revenue. There’s no point in having a website if it doesn’t engage visitors to hang around and get involved.

Second – search engines. I put it second because there’s no point in bigging your site up in search engines and getting to #1 on Google if people come to your site and give up straight away because there’s nothing there. But of course, without good content you’re very unlikely to get to #1 in Google unless it’s a really niche site with hardly any competitors. Search engines thrive on content, and the more and the better yours is, the more they will like your site.

Links: Links are a very important factor when it comes to ranking. Sites with the most quality links are ranked on top of Google.

A bit of an over-simplification. Having the right links from the right sites will help, but it’s also possible to get a top ranking with hardly any links. And it’s also increasingly difficult to get quality links that Google pays any attention to.

Website Design : Your Site Design, must be user friendly so your users will stay more on your site.

That’s more about usability and user experience than SEO. Sure, if your site is ugly then people aren’t going to like it so they aren’t going to voluntarily link to it, but the much deeper problem is that people aren’t going to like it. It’s like the ‘content’ issue – SEO can only get you so far, but if all it does is deliver people to a website that they don’t like, it’s a waste of effort.

Website Speed : Speed is one of the factors that is considered on site ranking.

That’s true, although I think some people make it out to be more important than it really is. Google aren’t going to be bothered about whether your site loads in 50ms or 100ms, what they’re doing is demoting sites that take ages to load. If your site is so slow that while it’s loading you start to think “Man, this is soooo slow” then Google is thinking the same. If it’s quick enough that you don’t notice the wait, Google isn’t going to worry about exactly how fast it is.

Low Quality Content sites are considered sites with grammar mistakes, Very Short Articles (not high Quality), Over-Keyword-Optimized, Tags.

I gotta say, we do like irony here :lol:

1. Panda has hit the sites that were created for farming purpose. So if you have low quality on your site than it is possible that you have been hit by Panda.
    Low quality content is an article which has grammatical errors
    Users do not like it
    Users do not stay enough on that article page.

Low quality content is way more than just grammatical errors. I’m not convinced that Google pays all that much attention to the quality of language/writing, other than that if you’ve got spelling mistakes in key words and phrases, these are less likely to rank well when people type the correct spelling into Google.

Low quality content can be anything from short articles that don’t go into any depth, articles that appear to be incorrect or take an uncommon stance, pages that just take content from other sites and re-hash them (which may well be written from scratch, but if they don’t say anything new that isn’t already said anywhere else, what’s the point?).

Over Keyword Optimized sites are those sites that use the same keyword a lot of times in the content. (These sites have been hit hard by Panda).

To be fair, keyword stuffing has been a dumb thing to do for years before Panda came out.

Quality Content (Original with no grammatical mistakes)
Low Bounce Rate.
Keywords (Do not over optimize).
Social Signals (Shares of your article, Likes, Tweets).
Links: (How you connect your inner pages).

Google has very little way of knowing your bounce rate, and I’m not convinced that they use it as a signal at all because what little data they can collect is so flaky.

Google is not being evil, it is just trying to give to visitors the best results. To bring the best results they have had to change some of the factors on their algorithms.

So good it’s worth repeating :cool:

1. Blog Posts:
    Whether you agree or not, these are the best links right now and they will always be. Getting a link on a Blog post is like getting 100 other links.
    But it is not just getting a link in a blog post that will help you gain rankings. The link in the post that you write should be posted in a blog with a Good Page rank (Because it will give you Page Rank too), Domain Authority should not be less than 30 and it shouldn’t have a lot of outbound links.

I wouldn’t say that blog posts were anywhere near the most important. Static pages and ‘official’ sites are massively more important than blog posts. Obviously, it’s much harder to get a link from BBC News (or CNN, NDTV or whatever) than from a blog, but that is why they are like gold dust. Even links within the content of general articles are more important than blog posts, for the key reason that they are likely to be around for longer. A blog post may become a long-term hit but the vast majority fade into obscurity very quickly.

Believe it or not, forum posts are a great way to build links, Remember do not build anchor links on forums or blog comments because it can hurt your rankings.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re saying there – are forums good or bad? Well actually I don’t need to ask … link building on forums is unlikely to do your SEO any good at all. Why? Because anybody can do it, which means that Google assumes it’s just you promoting your site and so just zones out. Of course, that’s if Google even sees the link. Most reputable forums mark all user-generated links as “nofollow”, meaning that Google completely ignores them, and most of the rest strictly censor all posts for self-promotional links. Here, we do both. And even on the rare occasion that Google does see the links (and particularly on sites that don’t police them carefully) just how much weight do you think they are going to put on them? On forums like that, there will be hundreds of outbound links, and each comments page is unlikely to have a good PR to start with, so you’re dividing a very small amount of link juice between a very large number of links, you wouldn’t have enough left to spread on a piece of toast.

Even though i see a lot of peoples saying that blog commenting is dead, let me give you a piece of advice, Blog Commenting is still a great way to build links…
You just need to do it in the right way. Forget the times of creating automatic comments - nowadays you should build natural and manual links.

Blog comments are just the same as forum comments – if you can put your link there then so can anyone else, which means that you’re fighting loads of other people for a tiny amount of link juice, if Google even bothers to look at the page, which is not guaranteed.

Infographics are a great way to get links, People like visual things as they understand better.

Infographics have a huge disadvantage when it comes to SEO, because they have no text content that the search engines can understand. As far as Google is concerned, your entire infographic is summed up by the few words of alt text that you’ve put with it – whereas if you had written out a textual description instead then you would have all that lovely content for Google to read and index. And sacrificing content in the vague hope of getting links (bearing in mind that a significant number of them are likely to be hotlinks, which don’t do you a lot of good) doesn’t seem like a good SEO strategy.

I’m not saying that infographics are a bad thing, and I’m not saying that you shouldn’t use them. Use them where it’s appropriate to the content and the context, use them to get people’s attention and hold their interest. But don’t forget that they have pretty much zero accessibility, and don’t think that it’s helping your position in the search results either.[/font]

• Well, Bounce Rate is a very important factor in Google. If you use Google Analytic you may know what i mean, if not than Google collects all the data for websites. Let me take an example, i will talk more latter as i saw that you disagree for Bounce Rate.

Yes, except that to emphasis the importance, I would say it’s the other way round, more like content and links.

It’s important to highlight and distinguish the two factors here.

First, and most important – if you don’t have good content on your site, people won’t stay there. Even if they visit, whether from a direct link or a search engine, they’ll take one look and run away. And so you’ve lost your sale, you’ve lost your advertising revenue. There’s no point in having a website if it doesn’t engage visitors to hang around and get involved.

Second – search engines. I put it second because there’s no point in bigging your site up in search engines and getting to #1 on Google if people come to your site and give up straight away because there’s nothing there. But of course, without good content you’re very unlikely to get to #1 in Google unless it’s a really niche site with hardly any competitors. Search engines thrive on content, and the more and the better yours is, the more they will like your site.

I agree, Content is more important than links, maybe because i was a little in rush while writing this i wrote Links and Content.

A bit of an over-simplification. Having the right links from the right sites will help, but it’s also possible to get a top ranking with hardly any links. And it’s also increasingly difficult to get quality links that Google pays any attention to.

Yes it is possible if you have a superb content and have a great on-site optimization + if you are trying to rank for a low competitive keyword.

That’s more about usability and user experience than SEO. Sure, if your site is ugly then people aren’t going to like it so they aren’t going to voluntarily link to it, but the much deeper problem is that people aren’t going to like it. It’s like the ‘content’ issue – SEO can only get you so far, but if all it does is deliver people to a website that they don’t like, it’s a waste of effort.

Yes, that’s why i mention somewhere in the beginning of this post “Bounce Rate”. If your site is ugly - isn’t user friendly than the bounce rate will be very high. Google takes in consideration bounce rating.
If you want to do an experiment make a bot, it may be a very complex bot even though in the beginning it may look simple. Make the bot to visit the pages, and stay for a short period of time on the top ranking sites. After that let the bots visit your site and let them stay and surf your site for a longer period. If you have a good link building structure and if you do this test, you will be amazed with the results.

That’s true, although I think some people make it out to be more important than it really is. Google aren’t going to be bothered about whether your site loads in 50ms or 100ms, what they’re doing is demoting sites that take ages to load. If your site is so slow that while it’s loading you start to think “Man, this is soooo slow” then Google is thinking the same. If it’s quick enough that you don’t notice the wait, Google isn’t going to worry about exactly how fast it is.

Yes, it is important and i agree with you it doesn’t matter if the sites loads in 50ms or 100ms.

I gotta say, we do like irony here :lol:

Lool:D

Low quality content is way more than just grammatical errors. I’m not convinced that Google pays all that much attention to the quality of language/writing, other than that if you’ve got spelling mistakes in key words and phrases, these are less likely to rank well when people type the correct spelling into Google.

Low quality content can be anything from short articles that don’t go into any depth, articles that appear to be incorrect or take an uncommon stance, pages that just take content from other sites and re-hash them (which may well be written from scratch, but if they don’t say anything new that isn’t already said anywhere else, what’s the point?).

Well, yes it is not just grammatical errors, it is everything that has to do with content. Let say, a well structured article, 700-1000 words long in length is better than a 300-500 word article if the quality is the same.
Google analysis a lot of things in content like “Capitalization” , “Bold”, “Italic”, “H-tags” and a lot of other things in content (I didn’t include all the things that google take in consideration) i tried to cover most important things here.

To be fair, keyword stuffing has been a dumb thing to do for years before Panda came out.

Yes, but Panda has killed it.

Google has very little way of knowing your bounce rate, and I’m not convinced that they use it as a signal at all because what little data they can collect is so flaky.

Google has a lot of way of knowing your bounce rate, it owns the Google analytic tool.

I wouldn’t say that blog posts were anywhere near the most important. Static pages and ‘official’ sites are massively more important than blog posts. Obviously, it’s much harder to get a link from BBC News (or CNN, NDTV or whatever) than from a blog, but that is why they are like gold dust. Even links within the content of general articles are more important than blog posts, for the key reason that they are likely to be around for longer. A blog post may become a long-term hit but the vast majority fade into obscurity very quickly.

Okay, I meant guest post not just blog posts, Guest Posts on different sites are very important and increase rankings.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re saying there – are forums good or bad? Well actually I don’t need to ask … link building on forums is unlikely to do your SEO any good at all. Why? Because anybody can do it, which means that Google assumes it’s just you promoting your site and so just zones out. Of course, that’s if Google even sees the link. Most reputable forums mark all user-generated links as “nofollow”, meaning that Google completely ignores them, and most of the rest strictly censor all posts for self-promotional links. Here, we do both. And even on the rare occasion that Google does see the links (and particularly on sites that don’t police them carefully) just how much weight do you think they are going to put on them? On forums like that, there will be hundreds of outbound links, and each comments page is unlikely to have a good PR to start with, so you’re dividing a very small amount of link juice between a very large number of links, you wouldn’t have enough left to spread on a piece of toast.

Sorry to say but Forum Links are still valuable. I’m not talking about profile links or links on signature, there are other natural ways of link building on Forums - Same goes about blog comments too.

Infographics have a huge disadvantage when it comes to SEO, because they have no text content that the search engines can understand. As far as Google is concerned, your entire infographic is summed up by the few words of alt text that you’ve put with it – whereas if you had written out a textual description instead then you would have all that lovely content for Google to read and index. And sacrificing content in the vague hope of getting links (bearing in mind that a significant number of them are likely to be hotlinks, which don’t do you a lot of good) doesn’t seem like a good SEO strategy.

I’m not saying that infographics are a bad thing, and I’m not saying that you shouldn’t use them. Use them where it’s appropriate to the content and the context, use them to get people’s attention and hold their interest. But don’t forget that they have pretty much zero accessibility, and don’t think that it’s helping your position in the search results either.[/font]

Yes, Infographics do not have text but when you post an infographic i don’t think that you post it just a picture: For example firstly i write a summary of my infographic containing all information and there is the trick of Infographics.

This is something that used to be true, but the importance of links has gone down dramatically. My own site has very few links, but ranks #1 for a number of keywords. In fact, my 5 best ranking pages have no links at all. Apart from that, poor quality links appear to have lost ALL power to up the ranking and there have been ample publications about sites getting a penalty from Google for having too many poor quality links.
High quality links no doubt still have influence, but are certainly no make or break factor any more. A site with limited content of limited quality will not rank #1 merely by the grace of link power.

There is no indication that grammar has any importance in ranking. Google’s guidelines don’t mention them at all, nor do those of Bing, nor do any of the leading SEO gurus say so. I’m not even sure it is possible to design algorithms with today’s technology to judge grammar. Grammar is far from an exact science and open to much discussion. A typical example is the choice between “you and I” or “you and me” that is determined by context and often can only be decided by asking the writer how it is meant. It is therefore simply not possible to write an algorithm for this particular example.