Best way of doing multiple rollovers

Hi everyone!

I have an image link that when rolled over makes the 2 images next to it change into animated GIFs. See horizontal menu here

The code I currently am using to do these rollovers works most of the time but sometimes it is temperamental. What I mean is that exactly the same piece of code, on the same page, using the same browser works sometimes but other times it doesn’t. For example, when I rollover the image link sometimes one of the images next to it doesn’t change state or when I rolloff the image link, one of the images next to it doesn’t return to its original state.

I have found countless different ways of doing rollovers, including using Javascript and CSS, but I want to know which one is best as I am currently cleaning up the website’s code and thought I’d get it resolved.

Thanks for your time!

Leao

I am pretty sure you can do this, I cannot test right now. I would make that nav menu a unordered list. Position the wheel in the background using CSS. Then put the moving gif as the bAckground on :hover, again via CSS

Is CSS the best way of doing things generally?

IMO yes. But a JS person can say JS is better.