Best way to allow uploading files to a web site

Hello guys,

Really sorry if this is the wrong forum.

My first post and I’m after advice, apologies! :slight_smile:

My area is HTML/HTML5, CSS and graphic design. My programming, however, is limited. I have created a mockup of the site I plan to build but my client requires the web site to allow her customers to upload word documents, PDFs and audio files. In all honesty I haven’t the foggiest where to start and with the added fact these files will be confidential I don’t really want to go down the route of looking for PHP scripts running on SSL etc.

My question would be: Are there any services that my client can pay for that will embed something into the website which will allow her clients to upload files to a server for her to download and view? If so, can anyone suggest one that they’d recommend. I wanted something that would integrate seamlessly with the web site I build.

I’m based in the UK so, ideally, a company from there, if possible.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

You can enable file uploads via a standard website form. However, you want to be careful what you allow pwople to upload.

Anyhow, if you can’t write the code for this yourself, you can use a service like WuFoo, which allows you to create the form you want (including file uploads) and then embed the form on your site. Then you can let them look after all the security issue, too!

Thanks very much, I think I will be frequenting this forum a lot more. :slight_smile:

Some really useful information and I think what you’ve suggested would be ideal, I will put forward the cost of the basic package to my client and see what she says.

Many thanks,

Tim

Great! Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile: