Best way to optimize forums, increase views & members?

Well I’ll keep it fairly short and simple, what is the best possible way to optimize forums for search engines, increase views, members and more?

I’ve been entering my URL into various SE submission pages and working quite hard on creating content that would catch search engines but I have yet to see true results.

I’m just curious as to what I can do, or what others have done to make their forums huge. :slight_smile:

Create a lot of different accounts and have conversations with yourself focusing on keywords that your targeted users would be searching for. Noone is going to join a forum with no members.

Being active on other forums to promote your own will help also.

I believe that was called being a Dual-Poster, I saw that as a tip previously on various blogs I’ve read. Which I am currently doing. :slight_smile: I have about 10 active members as the forum is only 3 days old. Not much being done to advertise just yet but I’m changing that today.

I am a fairly well known member on a few forums so I’ll use that to my advantage.

You may want to consider learning more about guest posting. This is the practice of offering free content to industry specific websites in exchange for a backlink crediting you as the author. Most sites will be happy to make this trade (after all, no one likes writing content). This will be a valuable backlink and it will send real visitors who read the blogs on which you are posting.

Starting a blog of your own would also be a great way to encourage people and search engine spiders to visit your site.

Actually not a bad idea to allow guest posting, I’d just have to find other market forums, boards, blogs, etc. That would be willing to exchange content and backlinks.

There are several sites <snip/> that offer webmasters a chance to find people to exchange guest posts. Your best bet would be to write a lot of content yourself so you can establish yourself as a Google verified author on your own site as you start to promote your work on other sites as well. I would not recommend only having other people’s posts on your blog.

*Note, this is likely to get you Banned, here and esewhere as well. Read the FAQ before following such advice.

This topic has been covered in other threads.

Please Search using the vBulletin Advanced Search