Beta Test

Hello everyone

What is Beta?

I heard a lot about beta and i read this word many time but i dont know what is this? Its meaning help me please tell me what actually is this???

Beta testing is basically when you get a limited number of potential end-users to test a product and give feedback on the product and report bugs which the coders need to fix

OK that’s beta testing thanks for telling me. :slight_smile:

You have a finished product but you have time left before you release it to the public.
So you contact a segment of the public who are interested in your software, and who are also willing to provide input to you on how the software works, free of cost to you.

You just release a pre-retail version of the product to these people who evaluate it and let you know of the shortcomings.
This is called Beta Test/Beta Testing.

Then you fix the shortcomings and release it to the general public.

If you release the software to people of your own company to test it, it is called Alpha Test/Alpha Testing.

Free of cost to you? That’s not true in most of the cases

“What is Beta?”

A measure of stock volatility relative to it’s market…

Wait, wrong place…nvm :shifty:

The beta test follows on from the alpha test and preceeds placing the gamma on sale.

The alpha software may be incomplete but you provide copies to a very limited number of users so as to get feedback to assist in completintg the software.

The beta software is then distributed to a larger group once the software is basically complete so that they can assist in finding any bugs that have slipped through the previous testing process.

The gamma version of the software is then offered for sale.