Bidvertiser, Chitika, or Infolinks?

Hello All,

We are looking into Bidvertiser, Chitika, or Infolinks to generate some additional revenue for some of our partner sites.

The reason why we have selected these is that our partners want to be paid via PayPal (nobody likes waiting for a paper check in 2012 ;))

Which of these 3 have you had the best experiences with in terms of revenue?

Thanks

I’ve not had dealings with any of these advertisers from a business point of view, but I do know from first-hand experience as a surfer that Infolinks is one of the most annoying advertising agencies I’ve come across, and any site owners that use Infolinks are likely to find that I visit one page and leave, never to return. I can’t comment on the other two because I haven’t noticed them in the same way, but if they use the same trick of hijacking content, turning your text into their links and then layering it with enough Javascript bloat to sink a battleship then I would steer well clear of them and go for a less intrusive and obnoxious form of advertising.

Hi there, this is Pamela from Infolinks. Norline, Infolinks is a fantastic way to earn money from your websites. We’ve just come out with new products and improved our existing products to better suit our publishers. You can use any combination of products that you choose. If you think InText ads aren’t the right fit for one of your sites, choose another product or two to monetize your site. Check out our brand new website for more details and any questions you may have.

@Stevie -Infolinks has many different products and InText ads are only one of them. Sorry you feel that way!

Happy blogging all :slight_smile:

I haven’t had any experience wit Bidvertiser or Chitika. From memory when I looked into the various advertising options one or both of these was only available in specific countries and were not available in Australia.

I looked at several advertising services that convert parts of your text content into ad links and Infolinks has by far the smallest script that needs to be attached to your page in order to apply that advertising. Other advertisers typically had JavaScript that was around three to four times the length of the Infolinks script in order to do the same thing. This would make a significant difference to page load times.

Hi Stevie, felgall, and Pamela/Tammy,

OK I can imagine that some ad campaigns are enough to deter you from ever coming back to that site, point taken :slight_smile: We’ll be very careful in checking out what Infolinks has to offer if we decide to go down that road. On the other hand, if Pamela/Tammy says they have come out with new products, it’s at least worth a trial run…

…the question of course is revenue! Will they come up with relevant ads? How much do we get per click? How fast do they load as felgall pointed out? Do they truly have different ad options that work for our diverse needs? Are they prompt in paying with PayPal?

We will see, and let you guys know!

Thanks!

Infolinks is prompt with paying with Paypal. I even had one month where the ad balance was just under the minimum for payout and they paid it anyway.

If I had to choose one, I’d choose Chitika. But, if your criteria is Paypal payments, almost all ad networks currently offer that option. I would stick with better ad-networks, such as Casale or AdSense.

Chitika is only good in certain Niches. Sometimes can bring nice CPC. Bidvertiser is more of a waste of your space. Infolinks is the leader now in text advertising.

Which niches is Chitika good in?

Chitika is good for all the niche, you can see EzineArticle.com is using Chitika… it has some requirements so you have to fulfill it first and it is mainly related to traffic of your site. And it is good alternative to Adsense too.

Chitika now has inline ad links. I have used them all… I would test with Chitika and Infolinks and see how it does - then switch it up with just one, see how IT does… etc.

Never had any probs with them paying me… but the cost per click is only pennies on either. Kinda sucks.

We have implemented Chitika on some pages after we got “approved” for Silver Status. So far the ads are practically irrelevant. They are not even advertising real products, it just points to a bogus website. Perhaps we missed something somewhere, but so far, not impressed.

We have tried Bidvertiser on other pages, and had to take them out immediately. They simply took over the site. Banners flying from all over the place, pop ups that we had no idea about… When you configure your ad objects you only get to configure about 20% of what actually happens once you insert the code.

Norline - i’d be interested to see how you get on with infolinks as this is something i’ve been toying with too. I’ll post any results if i opt for infolinks.

Unfortunately Chitika nor Infolinks are targeted to your sites content - just generally to your niche via category, which is why you can use them in conjunction with Adsense - which is highly targeted to content or even the visitor (re-targeting… the ads follow them now matter what site they are on)

Infolinks finally came back to us…

They approved some sites, but some not. We didn’t get any explanation as to why some were not approved, so we’ll just assume one of their interns or a bot is looking at this and sending automated messages. No need to work with a company that doesn’t explain their actions, when Google takes everybody no questions asked…(don’t they know this??)

So conclusion from us and our partners: Bye bye Infolinks!

Next up: Clickbank

according to me all three are good. Bidvertiser and Chitika works well with certain niches while infolinks is a in-text advertising. it works well with words. so, you don’t have to worry about niches.
So, my point, go for infolinks…

I think Chitika is the best ones. But its depend with your niche to be optimize. You can do research first about high paying keyword before optimize ones niche.

As there seems to be nothing new to say, and the OP has moved on to other things, thread closed.