Big Changes Afoot

For a while now I’ve been talking about culling a number of our forums - older ones that have served their time. I’m talking about forums like How to Buy and Sell a Website which has been declining for a while, or [URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Search-Engine-Optimization”]Search Engine Optimization, which still gets the numbers but the post quality is generally so low (there are exceptions of course) that it has become a drain on staff resources. Well, their time has come - along with a number of others.

We’re killing off these old forums to make room for some new and exciting ones. I also hope that these changes mean that the forum staff can start to spend time back on the shop floor, mentoring and advising as their titles infer, rather than spending it acting as spam and fluff monitors.

While these changes may take a bit of getting used to, I’m sure you’ll find that the end game is worth the wait.

Can you make a forum just for bashing Craig Buckler?

Cleaner is always better. I’m sure the changes will be an improvement.

Hmmm. I’m not going to touch that one.

There is a comment form at the bottom of each SitePoint post for that. :lol:

PS: I like Craig’s posts.

Off Topic:

have you “looked at” the guy? he can’t be seen and his location is training with Chuck Norris… It can be dangerous to say something like this! :stuck_out_tongue:

Off Topic:

Tell him—“it’s time to die”. :lol: