BigCommerce question

I have a question about BigCommerce, & I am desperate for an answer because I need to make a decision about which graphic designer I am going to go with.

I am wondering if I went through a graphic designer, could those designs be easily integrated into BigCartel? And if so, is it easy enough to find a developer who will integrate the designs at a reasonable price?

And is 4 pages worth of design generally enough?

One more question - can I have a number of domain names linking to my BigCommerce site? I have registered 4 and would like 3 to link to the homepage, and 1 to link to a particular product, if possible.

Oh, and BigCommerce include an email and/or newsletter set up or is this a separate cost? I’m looking at the 39.95/month option

Thanks

Hi Josie182,

Some of your questions are a bit confusing. What does BigCartel have to do with it? Was that a typo?

Anyway, I’m sure that templates you had made by a designer would fit either system, by the look of it, as they both say they are designer-friendly.

What does that mean?

can I have a number of domain names linking to my BigCommerce site?

If you own a domain, you can point it wherever you like.

Oh, and BigCommerce include an email and/or newsletter set up or is this a separate cost? I’m looking at the 39.95/month option

Best to check their website about this or ask them.

Is this the right forum for this question?

Some of your questions are a bit confusing. What does BigCartel have to do with it? Was that a typo?

Yes, sorry, I keep getting them mixed up when I am typing! I definitely was referring to BigCommerce only.

Anyway, I’m sure that templates you had made by a designer would fit either system, by the look of it, as they both say they are designer-friendly.

What does that mean?

The designers will do four pages worth of design work, so I assume this means ‘Home Page’, ‘Contact Us’ Page, and any pages that need to have a different function. I was also asking because I’m not entirely sure what it means myself. I want to have an area for articles and product reviews, however I assume this won’t count as an extra page as it won’t have any functions as such - just text and photos.

If you own a domain, you can point it wherever you like.

Thanks, I own 5, I just wasn’t sure if there was a limit to how many I could link using BigCommerce

Best to check their website about this or ask them.

Thanks for your response. I have asked BigCommerce but I am waiting for them to get back to me

I’m not sure, but the question was mostly about whether a particular design would fit with BigCommerce. I’m happy to ask elsewhere if you think it would be more appropriate to ask in the development area

I’m a little worried about the ‘4 page’ concept, to be honest. The best way to go about planning a site is first to look at what the site needs to do—what it should say to the visitor, what content it needs to present, and how best that content should be presented. From that information you build a simple layout—a ‘wireframe’—that organizes the content on the page or pages—however many are necessary. Most pages are going to have something unique on them—such as elements of blog posts, or pages with cart items. So the idea of having just four pages to do all that sounds … well, not convincing.

Perhaps they are saying that there will be four basic templates (which will then be adapted to circumstances), which is fair enough. But I’d recommend planning the site carefully, and then you will know the answers to your questions, rather than having to guess.

BIGcommerce stores come with “Newsletter subscription” box. They allow to collect emails for newsletters. Hoverver, behind this system there is no real newsletter management tool. BIGcommerce jsut stores the email addresses. But you can easily integrate BIGcommerce wioth a toollike Mailcimp so that it works to manage your newsletter and mail compains (based on emails submitted via BIGcommerce).