Bizzare server error Help!

I’m beginning to think this server is supernaturally possessed.

I ported a site to a different server. Now, trying to submit a long post it returns an unnamed server error.

Even if I exit at the beginning of the script before the data is processed and added to the database it still returns this error. So I don’t think its database related.

Here’s where it gets weird. When I remove every occurrence of the word ‘from’ from the bottom third of the text it submits fine. The word ‘from’ appears at the top of the text a number of times.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
E

Did the root change at all on the new server?

Also, can you post a little more about this error? And maybe some of your code? It’s a bit vague at the moment.

This form where you add the content, is it by chance using method=“get” ?

Yes, the root changed, but I used server variables for the paths. So nothing was changed. Everything else works. The form works with different text.

The from processor is too big to post, but even if I kill it at the very first line I get a server error. So I think there is some kind of server configuration that is triggering the error.

Are there any server configurations that could cause this problem? If so how would they be modified in the htaccess file.

thanks e

Its using method=‘post’. What were you thinking? An encoding error? E

Some web servers/browsers choke when the URI is too long, I though this maybe the case. I guess not. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the thought.

Pop up the code that compiles the SQL query.

After spending hours trying to fix this I finally broke down and called tech support. It turned out a pattern in the text triggered an sql injection alert which shut down the form submission. This was a Church Sermon there wasn’t any code in it. Just an arbitrary coincidence.

E