Blazix not working

Hi to everyone…

I want to learn JSP. So that i have downloaded Blazix to act as server. Also, I have set the path and class path variables correctly. And placed my jsp files in C:\\Blazix\\webfiles folder. But when i tried to execute it from my browser, i found HTTP 404 error. I dont know how to rectify it. If somebody knows whats the problem exactly , pls help me.

Is there anybody knows a step by step procedure to execute jsp files using blazix server pl?

I had never heard of it, so I actually had to look it up.

Considering that there is very little information on it and no documentation, I would suggest abandoning it and going with a more well-known option, such as Apache Tomcat, Resin, or JBoss.

Thank you Sir for your reply. Actually I had downloaded Blazix Server considering that it requires only few MB. But I couldnt resolve the problem. So that I too think about to change the server to Tomcat Apache after reading your suggestion.

I know this may be a bit late, so you may have already given up with Blazix. However, you may not have had the Blazix Web Server running. It has to be running to run any files from the server (localhost:someportnumber). In your Blazix folder, you should have an icon saying “Blazix Web Server” (type “Blazix” in the start menu, and open the folder it’s in–it’s in the Programs folder of the Start Menu). This is not the same folder that your webfiles, etc. are in. Alternatively, you can enter “blxweb” on a command line, and the server will start. If it doesn’t start up, then you’ve got other problems.

Thanks scratcj for the update.

As the OP hasn’t posted back in this thread since October, I’m closing it as it has served its’ purpose well!