Block Flash object in iframe - Possible?

Hi,

I have an iframe which displays a page from another domain and that page has a Flash object on it. I know I can’t control the content and style due to crossdomain security but is it possible to block Flash within the iframe?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi nayen,

What do you mean by block?
Stop it from running or stop the user from interacting with it?

If it’s the latter, I suppose you could create a greyed out div, set the z-index accordingly and position that over the offending elements, but I think you’ll find this is going to be difficult.

Here’s a link that might be worth reading: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5712843/disable-flash-content-using-jquery

HTH

If the flash has wmode set to “window” then it will automatically display above everything else and there will be no way to block it. Note also that “window” is the default value if wmode is not set to “opaque” or “transparent”.

Thanks for your input. What I want is a similar effect that Firefox (18) does for Flash in iframe. It simply makes the Flash object hidden. The problem is this is a dynamic page so a greyed out div is not a solution in my case. I am just trying to figure out if it is possible to make Flash in iframe invisible.

Different browsers act differently on this issue, for example in Safari Flash is above everything else but in other browsers it is not.

I’m afraid it doesn’t look good.
What FF does is at browser level (that’s why you’ve got several browser plugins that do the same thing).
I’m unaware of any way you can do this using web technologies.