Blogger Template problems

I have this blog. http://mechanicalinventions.blogspot.com/

1. After adding adsense code under the title of the post I am having this code " (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || ).push({});" visible under each post on the home page. How to remove that ?? !!
  2. On the blog I have my google search box . But there is a built in search box on the template. I cannot remove this because I couldn’t find it in the blogger template layout options. To completely remove this box with the text what changes should be made in the template ??
    Please help.
    Thanks !

You mean that the code is visible? Not the ads? I see the Google search box and the ads so it is not a problem for me. Still, they take so much space that I really need to scroll down to see things like the latest post.

How did you ad the code for Google Ads? If you did it manually, I would suggest that you use Blogger’s panel. It has an area where you can control Google advertising

I have put them manually . Ads are visible on the pages. But the segment of the code is visible in the homepage under the description of the each post :frowning: . That’s bothering me. And I need to get rid of that built in search box !

Remove it then and use Blogger’s ad tab to put your ads instead.

The problem with Blogger is that personalizing a theme can be really tricky so it is not very convenient to do a lot of manual changes. Furthermore when it involves JavaScript… and more so if it involves Google ads

You are right ! But how I will put ads under the post title and below the post with blogger ad tabs ? It’s not possible I think . So I have done it manually. Thanks .

Up to a point, you can control the position of the ads. The customization is limited but at least you can do something. But, as you can see, any other option is a disaster. So doing it manually is not a good idea.

It might be possible but it is crazy the amount of effort needed to hack a Blogger theme. And most of the time, not worth it.

The other option is that you get your own hosting and blogging platform. This broaden the amount of templates that you can install. Still, if you’re not a coder, you may be suffering the same problem.

Thanks !
I have solved the first problem .
Can anyone tell me how to remove that search box ? :frowning:

You need to remove this code

<form id="cse-search-box" action="http://www.google.com">

<div>
        <input type="hidden" value="partner-pub-9807657484816343:9908831652" name="cx"></input>
        <input type="hidden" value="UTF-8" name="ie"></input>
        <input type="text" size="35" name="q" style="border: 1px solid rgb(126, 157, 185); padding: 2px; backgrou…rmark.gif") no-repeat scroll left center rgb(255, 255, 255);"></input>
        <input type="submit" value="Search" name="sa"></input>
    </div>
    <input type="hidden" name="siteurl" value="mechanicalinventions.blogspot.com.es/"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="ref" value="www.sitepoint.com/community/t/blogger-template-problems/96734"></input>
    <input type="hidden" name="ss"></input>

</form>

Now, if you have inserted this code manually, fine. Remove it from the template and you should be good to go. But if you used some feature in the Blogger backend, do it there. Else you might be creating another problem.

I was not talking about that google search box ! I was talking about the built-in ’ search this site box ’ which comes with the template it self . It is placed above the google search box. If you can help me with that then please reply. Otherwise thank you so much for your effort ! :slight_smile:

Ooooops! My bad. Sorry I didn’t understand correctly

<form id="search-form-" class="search-form" method="get" action="http://mechanicalinventions.blogspot.com.es/search/">

<div>
        <input id="search-text-" class="search-text" type="text" value="Search this site..." tabindex="7" onfocus="if (this.value == "Search this site...") {this.value = ""}" onblur="if (this.value == "") {this.value = "Search this site...";}" name="q"></input>
        <input id="search-submit-" class="search-submit button" type="submit" value="Search" tabindex="8" name="submit"></input>
    </div>

</form>

Since it is part of the template, you should be fine removing it

1 Like

Thanks molona ! IT worked ! :slight_smile:

1 Like