Bluescreen on startup disappears in 1 second... how to identify?

Hello,

Each time I reboot the pc I get a bluescreen, which disappears in 1 second. Even though windows is set not to automatically reboot on a system failure.

The message seems shorter than a normal blue screen error… but i can’t read it because it doesnt show. Also, in the minidump, no trace of it can be found.

After rebooting, chosing “last known configuration” makes the pc boot succesfully…

A system restore to a point a month ago does not solve the problem and even in safe mode the blue screen appears…

How can one identify the problem if it doesnt let you read it or log the problem somewhere?

any ideas?

I think restoring system from backup recovery disk is the only option besides fresh installation. Once my PC was having the same issue and system restore wasn’t working.

fatabbot, you probably have reboot set to auto on blue screens, what you need to-do is do the following (depending on your Windows version).

Control Panel > System > Advanced (System Settings) > Startup and Recovery (Settings) > Untick Automatically Reboot (for system failure).

Then you can write down the error code (as it occurs) and Google it for a solution!

PS: Most BSOD’s are the result of hardware issues, ensure your drivers are up-to-date (and your Antivirus / Firewall software). :slight_smile:

take a photo of the bsod :slight_smile:

If it only appears for one second? Interesting idea :stuck_out_tongue: Though if you disable auto-reboot it’ll let him write down the error code :slight_smile:

Press Pause/Break key when you see the blue screen. Now you can take a picture on the error. Press any key to continue.

There are many types of blue screen error you have to define which type of blue screen error you face.

OP can not define the BSOD because it only appears for 1 second.

Therefore I advised him pls define which type of blue screen error are occured.

I don’t think you understand. It only shows for 1 second therefore he can not identify it. So give an advise on how to identify it first.

Ok pls take a snapshot whenever you see bluescreen.