Bookmarking sites

Hello

do you think bookmarking sites can contribute to the traffic of the site?
or is it good for the seo only? ( i mean it’s a backling to the site)

are they effective like directories?

i would love to hear your thoughts.

Some of the popular bookmarking sites good for traffic as well as back-link. You check more about it in your analytic account, from the sources of traffic. Sometimes the bookmark links are also getting position in SERP which in turn becomes a traffic.

Directories are not at all effective. Bookmarking sites are good for traffic as well as ranking. You can get good traffic from sites like digg, delicious and reditt.

Hi,
Bookmarking site are great resource for traffic to site and get backlink through search engine.

Yes, bookmarking website play a vital role to increase your traffic and ranking of the website. Most popular bookmarking sites are Digg, Stumble upon, Delicious etc.

Well, both directories and social bookmarking sites have different implications. Social bookmarking sites provide you traffic where as directories only provide you high quality links. You cannot expect any significant traffic coming in from the directories. And yes, bookmarking sites contribute to the traffic of site.

I agree. However the good old days of Digg and Delicious are gone. still generates us traffic. One thing I will say however, is that Stumbleupon has been pretty good for us with higher click through rates to our opt-in pages.

We ran an paid advertising campaign and a paid for a gig on Fiverr for Stumleupon and was impressed with the results

Bookmarking increase traffic of your site. Twitter, Digg and Delicious are best websites of bookmaking.

I think we’ve repeated the same things enough times. If the OP has further questions, they can feel free to post a new thread with the specific questions that need to be answered.

In the meantime, THREAD CLOSED