Bootstrap/Slimbox Conflict

Bootstrap seems to cut off the slimbox popup that I’m using. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If at all possible, can someone tell me how I can fix this issue?

I looked at your page in FF and could not identify any images that seemed to be cut off at the right edge. Is this happening in a particular browser or at a certain window width?

Windows width is 1600px. I see this is FF, Chrome, IE, and Safari. If you click on one of the thumbnails, you’ll see the right side of the image being cut off.

The problem is with the slimbox script not calculating widths properly. Very odd. The easiest option is to use an older version of Slimbox, which works better:

/*
	Slimbox v2.04 - The ultimate lightweight Lightbox clone for jQuery
	(c) 2007-2010 Christophe Beyls <http://www.digitalia.be>
	MIT-style license.
*/
(function(w){var E=w(window),u,f,F=-1,n,x,D,v,y,L,r,m=!window.XMLHttpRequest,s=[],l=document.documentElement,k={},t=new Image(),J=new Image(),H,a,g,p,I,d,G,c,A,K;w(function(){w("body").append(w([H=w('<div id="lbOverlay" />')[0],a=w('<div id="lbCenter" />')[0],G=w('<div id="lbBottomContainer" />')[0]]).css("display","none"));g=w('<div id="lbImage" />').appendTo(a).append(p=w('<div style="position: relative;" />').append([I=w('<a id="lbPrevLink" href="#" />').click(B)[0],d=w('<a id="lbNextLink" href="#" />').click(e)[0]])[0])[0];c=w('<div id="lbBottom" />').appendTo(G).append([w('<a id="lbCloseLink" href="#" />').add(H).click(C)[0],A=w('<div id="lbCaption" />')[0],K=w('<div id="lbNumber" />')[0],w('<div style="clear: both;" />')[0]])[0]});w.slimbox=function(O,N,M){u=w.extend({loop:false,overlayOpacity:0.8,overlayFadeDuration:400,resizeDuration:400,resizeEasing:"swing",initialWidth:250,initialHeight:250,imageFadeDuration:400,captionAnimationDuration:400,counterText:"Image {x} of {y}",closeKeys:[27,88,67],previousKeys:[37,80],nextKeys:[39,78]},M);if(typeof O=="string"){O=[[O,N]];N=0}y=E.scrollTop()+(E.height()/2);L=u.initialWidth;r=u.initialHeight;w(a).css({top:Math.max(0,y-(r/2)),width:L,height:r,marginLeft:-L/2}).show();v=m||(H.currentStyle&&(H.currentStyle.position!="fixed"));if(v){H.style.position="absolute"}w(H).css("opacity",u.overlayOpacity).fadeIn(u.overlayFadeDuration);z();j(1);f=O;u.loop=u.loop&&(f.length>1);return b(N)};w.fn.slimbox=function(M,P,O){P=P||function(Q){return[Q.href,Q.title]};O=O||function(){return true};var N=this;return N.unbind("click").click(function(){var S=this,U=0,T,Q=0,R;T=w.grep(N,function(W,V){return O.call(S,W,V)});for(R=T.length;Q<R;++Q){if(T[Q]==S){U=Q}T[Q]=P(T[Q],Q)}return w.slimbox(T,U,M)})};function z(){var N=E.scrollLeft(),M=E.width();w([a,G]).css("left",N+(M/2));if(v){w(H).css({left:N,top:E.scrollTop(),width:M,height:E.height()})}}function j(M){if(M){w("object").add(m?"select":"embed").each(function(O,P){s[O]=[P,P.style.visibility];P.style.visibility="hidden"})}else{w.each(s,function(O,P){P[0].style.visibility=P[1]});s=[]}var N=M?"bind":"unbind";E[N]("scroll resize",z);w(document)[N]("keydown",o)}function o(O){var N=O.keyCode,M=w.inArray;return(M(N,u.closeKeys)>=0)?C():(M(N,u.nextKeys)>=0)?e():(M(N,u.previousKeys)>=0)?B():false}function B(){return b(x)}function e(){return b(D)}function b(M){if(M>=0){F=M;n=f[F][0];x=(F||(u.loop?f.length:0))-1;D=((F+1)%f.length)||(u.loop?0:-1);q();a.className="lbLoading";k=new Image();k.onload=i;k.src=n}return false}function i(){a.className="";w(g).css({backgroundImage:"url("+n+")",visibility:"hidden",display:""});w(p).width(k.width);w([p,I,d]).height(k.height);w(A).html(f[F][1]||"");w(K).html((((f.length>1)&&u.counterText)||"").replace(/{x}/,F+1).replace(/{y}/,f.length));if(x>=0){t.src=f[x][0]}if(D>=0){J.src=f[D][0]}L=g.offsetWidth;r=g.offsetHeight;var M=Math.max(0,y-(r/2));if(a.offsetHeight!=r){w(a).animate({height:r,top:M},u.resizeDuration,u.resizeEasing)}if(a.offsetWidth!=L){w(a).animate({width:L,marginLeft:-L/2},u.resizeDuration,u.resizeEasing)}w(a).queue(function(){w(G).css({width:L,top:M+r,marginLeft:-L/2,visibility:"hidden",display:""});w(g).css({display:"none",visibility:"",opacity:""}).fadeIn(u.imageFadeDuration,h)})}function h(){if(x>=0){w(I).show()}if(D>=0){w(d).show()}w(c).css("marginTop",-c.offsetHeight).animate({marginTop:0},u.captionAnimationDuration);G.style.visibility=""}function q(){k.onload=null;k.src=t.src=J.src=n;w([a,g,c]).stop(true);w([I,d,g,G]).hide()}function C(){if(F>=0){q();F=x=D=-1;w(a).hide();w(H).stop().fadeOut(u.overlayFadeDuration,j)}return false}})(jQuery);

// AUTOLOAD CODE BLOCK (MAY BE CHANGED OR REMOVED)
if (!/android|iphone|ipod|series60|symbian|windows ce|blackberry/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
	jQuery(function($) {
		$("a[rel^='lightbox']").slimbox({/* Put custom options here */}, null, function(el) {
			return (this == el) || ((this.rel.length > 8) && (this.rel == el.rel));
		});
	});
}

Hi,

You have a 10px border on the container holding the image which is eating up 20px of the space. If you remove the border then the image will fit.

#lbImage {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
   [B] border: 10px solid #FFFFFF;[/B]

Try adding the border to lbCenter instead.

#lbCenter{border:10px solid #fff}

The problem with just moving the border is that the JS is still making a mess of the widths of things, so part of the image ends up hidden. The older slimbox script doesn’t have that problem, so I wonder why they have ruined it. If you use that older script, you’ll find that everything s sized nicely without having to change any of the CSS.

Thanks, Paul O’B. That did the trick!

ralph.m: I don’t know how it wouldn’t be calculating correctly. When I disabled Bootstrap, the popup looked just fine which gave me the indication that there was a conflict somewhere between BS and the Slimbox.

Thank you, gents, for helping me!

Currently you are losing 20px of your images on the right and on the bottom. I was confused about that, but then realised it’s because of the (presumably Bootstrap) border-box rule:

*, *:before, *:after {
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
box-sizing: border-box;
}

You need to override that in this instance for the full image to show.

Sweet, ralph.m! I’ll make a note of that for the future. Pesky box-sizing.

Yes bootstrap uses the border-box model but moving the border as I mentioned should hide the issue. :slight_smile: The image is still shorter than it would have been.

To fix the issue completely you would need to do this:

#lbCenter, #lbCenter *,
#lbBottomContainer, #lbBottomContainer *{
-moz-box-sizing:content-box!important;
-webkit-box-sizing:content-box!important;
-ms-box-sizing:content-box!important;
box-sizing:content-box!important;
}