Bootstrap3 Basic Question - Moving Left Side-Menu Down

Greetings,

I’m new to Bootstrap 3.3.2 and I’m trying to set up a basic layout with a sidebar link list on the left and main content on the right. When the browser window shrinks, I want the sidebar menu to drop down below the content. Here is what I have:

<div class='container-fluid'>
  <div class='row'>
    <div class='col-lg-3'>
        SIDEBAR MENU
    </div>

<div class='col-lg-9'>
        CONTENT
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

It appears fine initially, but when the browser window shrinks, the sidebar always stays above the main content. I’ve been trying to use different variations of Push/Pull with no success. Let me know how I can get this to work.

Thanks
Kind regards

The sidebar needs to come after the content area in the HTML. Start there :slight_smile: .

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the sidebar links need to come first in the HTML due to SEO. According to SEO, the content that comes first in HTML will get indexed better and links will receive a higher SEO score.

Is there any other way to do it with Bootstrap that won’t involve JavaScript?

If you’re having to rely on somthing like that to get an edge, then your site wlil probably fail.

[quote=“peppy, post:3, topic:114540”]
Is there any other way to do it with Bootstrap that won’t involve JavaScript?
[/quote]Nope.

I’d be most interested in seeing a Google reference regarding this if you have one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.