Bought a webcam, but now it just says error with installation of driver unsuccessfull

Hi , I bought a webcam, but now after putting in the disk to install the driver I just get a error message saying contact manufacturer, installation unsuccessfull.

How do I fix this problem. because when I went online to LOgik website, it doesnt show the camera I bought.
then it says download fix pc error registry,
I download the fix it registry thing. then it says after scanning pc. 2000 errors. I must register.
I click register, but then it wants me to buy the fix it thing, to clear my registry errors on the pc. but it costs like 129 dollars.

Is their another way around this issue, as I would really like to use the camera webcam.

It doesnt say what camera it is, just says100k 300k 1.3M pixels. Logik

It depends on what windows do you have, windows7 should install the drivers automatically. I assume you use XP still, so i suggest searching Google for Logik usb webcam driver and try to install the XP version.

Rainbow,

There isn’t a lot of information on logick webcams. Are you sure it isn’t Logitech? This is (unfortunately) a common issue with less well known device manufactures. They sell something but then it isn’t compatible with a huge number of machines and/or they don’t have the support infrastructure behind their products like the big names do. For instance you can go right to the Logitech website to get drivers for their devices but the logik one you mention doesn’t seem to have a website.

The scenario you describe with your registry is a complete scam. Do not buy anything. The camera should work just by plugging it into your PC and if it needs drivers, you should be able to get these from the manufacturer’s website. I would get rid of that camera and buy a mainstream version.

Also, there are free registry cleaners out there and windows actually comes with one pre-installed.

Best,

Shawn

Using windows vista, and explorer browser. laptop 11 years old.
also, if I download a template or something, then it also is just blank and says application error if try open.

What is the model number of the webcam?