Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS

I am Using the Sitepoint book “Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS.”

I didn’t encounter any problems until page 287.

Referring to “Inserting the Form Code” Is the bolded code pasted into the contact.html page that was created in the book? If yes, where do the bolded parts get pasted. Do I replace everything between <fieldset></fieldset> with the bolded text? If not, exactly what do I replace? I personally think the author did a deplorable job in this part of the book.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Hi Ray1942. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

I haven’t worked through this book myself, but I do have it. On page 287ff, it looks like the author is just presenting the raw code that you get from Freedback, and indicating in bold which parts you will need to extract and paste into your own contact.html page. On page 290, he starts to go through this step by step, starting with the first block of bolded code. He indicates that the first block of bold Freedback code goes just before the opening <fieldset> tag, replacing the opening <form> tag in your contact.html page. On page 291, he gives an example of what your contact.html page will end up looking like.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

I more or less figured that out by trial and error. I think this section of the book could be presented in a better manner.
Thank you

Glad you sorted it. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s really important for anyone presenting learning material to consider carefully what impressions / conceptions / questions / background information the audience might have. While you can’t cover all bases in this regard, often a lot is left to be desired. I’m trying to learn about version control at the moment, and the amount of conceptual information that gets left out in all the explanations I’ve found is extraordinary.

Like was mentioned the parts you need for you page are formatted in bold within the book, where it has either: YYYYYYY or ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ you replace those parts with the generated code from Freedback.