Businesses that Need Ecommerce Sites

Hi

I am trying to figure out what kind of businesses need an online store
so I know what to target as potential clients. This is the list I complied so far.

• Jewlerly store
  • Clothing store
  • Clothing accessories (hats etc…)

Is there any other categories you think are good?

Thanks,
Chris

Companies that sell stuff. What stuff? Any stuff.

Yes, I’m being serious.

Yeah anything… in regards to offline stores that would need an online store.

It’s even broader than that… Service providers, recurring providers can benefit from some sort of online purchasing process…

You say ecommerce and people think cookie-cutter shopping cart but really the concept is much larger. You can buy your phone online. Sign up for your cable tv. Become a gym member. Ecommerce is about expediting an existing process through technology and that’s something which you can apply to nearly ever b2c company and many, many b2b ones as well.

Thus your target isn’t who could sell online but rather who you can best help sell online.

Yeah it can be applied to anything I guess… but I want to target a few categories of business that do need an online store. For example, if you target all the jewellery stores, a type of business that needs a store and there a lot of businesses of that type, then you would have an opportunity to find a lot of work. Targeting cell companies, there are not many businesses, not as much available work. If you specialize in a few categories, you would also become an expert and workflow would become much smoother.

If you are looking for a specific market to focus on then this depends on what your expertise is and your development skills. There are many different business models that can integrate into e-commerce, so you would need to decide what types of integrations you are comfortable with and then market to these types of businesses.

Best eCommerce sites sell products that people don’t need to see in order to buy …
Tickets,CDs,books,perfumes and all products that consumers know well and don’t have to try them out before they buy

Zappos sells shoes. Wayfair furniture. Safeway food. It’s certainly harder to past the “it’s not known, it’s not obvious” objections but by no means is it impossible, nor is it necessarily better to stick to what’s “easy” as it tends to be done, a lot.

Nowadays all Businesses are incorporating ecommerce into their services. It provides people convenience and reachablilty regardless of where they are located. So any business that sells products or even services is now conducting its business online. Even doctors can give consultations online if you pay online. Decorators provide packaging services/products online. It can be any business, you just have to be creative in how to market and sell it online

I think today every company which is selling products would require online store.