Busy.. apache started on port 80

I am newbie to xampp
I installed it and i can not start apache
when i press start, following message appears.

“Busy… apache started on port 80
WARNNG: terminating worker thread 0”

I have tried all solutions i found in search google but i am unable to solve the problem.
Please help.

raiahsan,

I’m not an advocate of “canned programs” like XAMPP so I’ll advise you to (1) use the XAMPP forum or (2) get the free chapters of Kevin Yank’s book which will lead you through installation of the individual programs which will allow you to keep matched to your production server.

Regards,

DK

Are you running Skype? If so, kill it first and then start Apache. There is an option in skype somewhere to use ports 80 and 443 but you can disable that. I suggest you do :slight_smile:

No skype running.
checked port. Mozila Firefox were using port 80. uninstalled it. restart pc. but not solved.
checked services for IIS. it was not installed.
uninstalled xampp. reinstall. not solved.
One thing tell me. in the services, should apache be there. in my services list, apache is not there.
window xp. xampp 1.7.7

rai,

Yes, Apache2 should be listed in services. During install (of the Apache package, anyway), you need to use localhost and 127.0.0.1 and ONLY after you’re sure that IIS is Stopped and is told NOT to Start with Windows load.

Regards,

DK

dear dklynn
I’m blind of technical things. So may you please explain me your answer.
How to use localhost and 127.0.0.1 . I installed xampp from install package which also include apache and mysql. It does not ask any option for above things. Should i install apache manually. how. Please write me in detail. I shall be grateful to you.

rai,

XAMPP should have asked you for your domain name and/or IP Address. Those are the values you should use for a test server. Those questions are asked by the Apache installation program and those are the answers which must be given. Any “canned program” like XAMPP or WAMPP would give you only a snapshot of a daemon set for running a website with the only advantage being the “simplicity” of setting it up (albeit, not likely in maintaining it). If you have problems setting it up, then your best bet, as above, is to look to the XAMPP forum for help.

As for details of installing up to date programs, they are in Kevin Yank’s book (http://www.sitepoint.com/books/phpmysql4/) in the free sample chapters (Chapter 1). Anything I would say is already there.

Regards,

DK

problem solved by replacing C++2005 with C++2008

Hello rajahasan I got the same problem what You have in Past. I am using xampp 1.7.7 and my apache is not starting.
I’m not using skype as well as IIS. Still it’s not working so please let me know how will you solve this problem.