ButterFingers and Futzing with the database

Hello!

Two unrelated questions:

1. I just accidentally “Dropped” one of my local Database tables. So that this won’t happen again, I revoked my privileges so that in order to drop a table, I’d first have to change the privileges back, minimizing a chance of an accident.

I’m using GoDaddy to host my site, and I can’t seem to find how I can do the same thing with my remote database. Any thoughts would help.

1. What happens to a user who is trying to input data into my database that’s on a remote server if I’m “in it” at the same time? In other words, if I’m updating or making some sort of change manually.

Thanks so much!

-Eric

1. If you’re using shared hosting you probably don’t have the privileges to drop tables, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

2. There are several scenarios here.

2a) Working on different data
If person A and person B are working on unrelated data, or person A is issuing insert queries while person B is issuing update quer/ies (or vice versa) there is no problem; this will work flawlessly.

2b) Working on the same data
If person A and person B both update the same data the one who fires the update query last wins, since that update query will overwrite the changes from the former update query.

Does that answer your question?

Perfectly!

Thank you…

-Eric