Buy facebook fans? Twitter followers?

Has anyone ever used a site like buyfanscheap before?

I have a new product I am trying to promote via social media marketing, and I would like to know your experiences with a service like this.

My thoughts are that any page with more “fans” or “followers” is likely to get more trust from a consumer, which could lead to higher conversions… but do the fans you buy actually convert to sales or are you just paying for the “trust factor”?

Anyone who has used a service like this, please let me know your experience and ROI!

Thanks,
Mick

Buying fans is akin to walking out in the middle of the street with money and offering it to people who click like on their smartphone… Actually, that would be better.

The purpose of social media is to be able to engage with your target audiance and no matter how much targetting is sold in a fan generation firm, the bottom line is that you’re buying people who didn’t come for your brand.

If you want to “buy” fans, buy ads, run promotions and link them together so people who are interested in something you do can sign up and click like, not just random traffic being poored at your page.

I don’t buy fans nor do I buy “followers”, I use my social networking skills - helping people, and giving them a reason to follow me, or like my page.

@Ted S - I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I don’t believe on buying fans.I build relationship with fans & help them out.

I guess tweetadder usage is ok. Then you could target followers and get value out of it. The only problem is that twitter as a medium gives less and less attention. But buying followers? Come on. You can get followers yourself by making something great. But it takes time (as you probhably know very well). Recently I´ve seen sites like Gigbucks etc. I don’t know, but most of it sounds like a bad idea to use money on. :tdown:

If you have got the skills in yourself then you won’t need need anything for promoting it on twitter…Just join the groups which you are targeting and the friends in that group,that is gonna help you really very fast…Participate in their discussions also.

Buying fans or followers is nothing more than count up for your page, never give much results as per my experience :slight_smile:

I’m not really sure about the ROI when you buy fans or followers on twitter. But one thing is certain, having followers or fans from a more legitimate or natural way always builds up trust. And where trust is, ROI follows.

First of all, people who sell Facebook fan pages are not real in a way that they have self created those fans. They make people fool by giving them an impression that they will have lots of page views on their fan pages. Secondly, even if someone has selling genuine fans, don’t you feel, its fake. A person who is asking you for a money to see your page, how can you earn out of him. I hope, it will clear you views about it.

A vote for this + you can’t put “cheap” around your business and expect to make millions out of it!

its interesting that a lot of people are looking at ways to buy facebook and twitter fans so that the numbers look impressive when people visit their websites. Its pretty obvious when you go to neverheardbeforewebsite.something and their facebook followers is like 10000. Might as well hardcode the numbers in.

When it comes to buying things like this you have to be careful. I have heard some horror stories. I suppose if it is done the right way it would work, but not everyone doing this does it the right way.

I have been approached a few times in recent months about purchasing followers on Twitter. While I offer a number of related services I do not do that specifically.

:shifty:

I don’t think it is a good idea to buy facebook fans or twitter followers as the accounts may get banned quickly. You should try to build your own facebook fans page and twitter accounts. It is actually not that hard, you just need to invest some times each day and will get a lot of traffic from them.

I created 2 eCommerce websites and I admit I bought my fans and followers before we launched. We bought ~1000 followers and another ~1000 fans for $10 each. If it made our initial customers think of us as more legitimate and brought us an extra sale or 2 it was completely worth it. Now all our fans and followers are organic. It may not be the most ethical business practice but it works, cheap, and I am sure many other businesses are diong the same thing.

As far as I’m concerned if you’ve ever had to resort to buying Facebook and Twitter fans then you should give up right now because you clearly don’t have the skills, nor the ability to run a successful website or business. It shows that you have a complete misunderstanding of the way the Internet works in general, and if you achieve any success through these deplorable methods then it’s through pure dumb luck.

You say this with knowing nothing about the websites I run and I find your tone quite insulting, and unnecessary. You can disagree, but being a jerk does not help. Looking legitimate to the first customers really helps getting the ball going as opposed to looking new and inexperienced. Having Facebook fans and Twitter followers helps and starting a new brand is not easy to do. Sorry, but it works, and I don’t need your nasty attitude tell me to give up when I am pretty successful with what I do. Our first customers gave us strong reviews, followed us on twitter and friended us on Facebook, and probably helped us get future sales. Maybe us buying fans and followers helped, maybe it didn’t, but I don’t regret the purchase. If you got a problem with buying facebook fans and twitter followers than don’t do it. I got a business to run and a family to feed. THANKS.

It’s a tone that you’ll find to be quite common in web communities.

Social media websites are intended as a bit of fun for users, to allow them to communicate with friends. Like with many things on the Internet commercial interests have spoilt the fun, and buying friends on Facebook and Twitter is yet another way that business ruins the fun for everyone.

It’s not my intention to come across as “a jerk”, but it’s a subject I feel quite strongly about, and not just because it ruins the experience for the average user. By paying to increase a meaningless number you’re wasting your own money and are buying into the commercial experience that the likes of Facebook are desperate to sell to people.

As stated frequently on forums like these when a touchy subject arises, you don’t need to get offended over someone disagreeing strongly with your opinion/actions. It was never my intention to come across as rude, but you simply cannot expect to talk about an unethical subject without someone feeling strongly about it. As always, feel free to contribute to the discussion.

I disagree strongly that a strong presence on Facebook and Twitter makes your product seem any more legitimate. Over the past few years there has been far too much emphasis on having loads of followers/fans, and quite frankly I would say in my professional experience that for a brand with no business on social media websites it is anything but professional.

You state that “it works”, yet you provide no proof other than “it works for me”. By stating this you’ve undervalued your own work! For all you know you could have achieved the exact same thing without spending money on fake friends, and you could have your brand integrity secure. By paying for fake friends you’re no better than the kid in the playground that had to buy sweets for the other kids to hang around him.

I’ve worked with a number of companies that generate millions of dollars of profit a year. Each and every time I have gone against the use of social media where it has not been warranted, and have used it sparingly when our users have required a voice to provide feedback or generate leads for us. I have the experience to say with certainty that our competitors have only ever damaged themselves by clearly buying fans and followers by the thousand. To paraphrase an email I received last month, one of the businesses that chose our product over a rival chose us because of our integrity. Our prices weren’t the cheapest, and we weren’t the larger brand, but we controlled our own social media and kept it as organic as humanely possible. Our rivals paid for fans and followers and their fan page was clearly nothing more than a holder for paid fans.

If it’s so successful then give us some numbers or something to latch on to, because so far you’ve provided no proof against my, frankly, experienced scepticism.

If you’ve got a family to feed and you’ve not good any solid evidence to suggest that your social media then I’d suggest you spend your money more wisely.

In your previous post you stated that your customers saw you as more legitimate, yet you were concerned over its ethical implications. The average user is pretty good at sussing out truthful pages from lying pages, and in effect you have distorted the truth about your product to potential users.

Yes, social media “possibly” helped you, but I’d wager that you would have found success regardless of your campaign and that, if anything, by pandering to beggers you may have turned away a prince that would have offered you a lot of return business.

The followers look legit and our target audience are the ones that use facebook/twitter quite a bit. we don’t want to have a twitter/facebook with 2 members cause it makes us look illegitimate. we didn’t ask any of our paid followers to tweet or write on our wall. i can understand why you don’t like this. in the end, our quality product and great customer service is what got us repeating customers, loyal tweet followers and facebook fans, and a nice ROI. unfortunately in this day and age many online shoppers put emphasis on a company’s twitter and facebook profile and one with <50 followers looks weak.

Fans notice engagement far more than raw counts. In fact something absurd like 95%+ of brand interaction happens via the newsfeed & wall rather than any tab or section of your page. If people aren’t responding to posts it’s as if you have no fans.

Of course having just 5 fans is certainly no good either but every brand starts there. Everyone had 5 fans at one point, even if it was a very brief one. The trick is to build a model to grow that quick enough to get a small viral effect with likes & comments driving in new fans.

If I follow a brand whose posts get 1 or 2 comments there’s a lot less reason to participate or even stay connected. Often times what you find is that smaller groups actually

And then there’s edgerank. Facebook’s version of pagerank that uses engagement ratios to determine how frequently posts show up. With smaller fan counts it tends to be pretty solid but if you influx all of your fans with people who aren’t actually connected and they don’t respond (like, comment, visit, share) you will lower your visibility to all of your fans.

At the end of the day it’s your page and if you feel it’s better to create a false impression than to look small that’s certainly your choice but aside from competitors scoping you out I don’t see it making a whole lot of differance in the current model.

Makes sense Ted S. Thank you very much for the helpful tips. I am hoping for my future websites I can get my current fans and followers to join new facebook and twitter pages. Building a brand is tough at first but once it gets rolling it should be easier :slight_smile: