CakePHP vs Joomla

I’m using Joomla and I’m happy with this CMS, but I heard that CakePHP is better and easier.
Can someone tell me pro and cons about CakePHP vs Joomla?

As I understand it, CakePHP is not a CMS, but a PHP framework—in other words, a code structure on which a CMS can be built. I use ExpressionEngine, which is built on the CodeIngniter framework—but it took EllisLabs several years to build their CMS on top of this framework. So you would be in for a lot of work using CakePHP for a CMS, unless someone has already built a CMS with it.

As ralph said, one is a CMS and the other is not.

If you don’t know the difference then I don’t think there is any decision to be made on your part, stick to Joomla.

i have seen many people using joomla as framework for application development but
i think cakephp will overcome joomla as they have different mission,vision and structure…
plus i feel joomla is not generic(compatible) in the sense that it tends to develop every thing of its own.
A full php developer finds himself to be only half joomla developer and need to learn its structure,convention and all
where as with cakephp,if you know MVC or even codeigniter,you know more than 50% of cakephp
and it has many features like baking and all…

so as other said it is not ideal to compare both
but if compared
i vote is for cakephp