Camera for hobbys

DSLR for $280? wow, that’s cool. I love to have DSLR camera and I’m searching for the cheap dslr camera. But I want an brand Canon or Nikon.

Brand and camera contribute very little in the process of making a great photograph, your skills as a photographer contribute much more heavily. Ken Rockwell wrote a good article on this here.

Even though its not the best camera in the world, i’m getting a lot out use out of the iPhone 4s camera. It’s handy because I always have it with me and when I’m waiting for a friend or walking down the street I can easily snap a few pics. I need to buy a new legit camera though because I also want to spend some time making some sharper pictures and working with lighting setups and all of the good stuff that isn’t easy with a camera phone.

You are wasting your money purchasing a camera that does not have an interchangeable lens.
It will seem like a good idea at first, but as you get more into your photography you will regret it.

If you are restricted by your budget, I would suggest you would be better off purchasing a better quality second hand model.

The picture quality for the 4s is surprisingly good

It’s worth noting its rivals from Canon and Panasonic zoom out a little wider to deliver greater coverage, while the Canon also actually out-reaches it a little at the telephoto end too

I had an older version of the Sony mentioned in the original post. It was a great camera. I even used it in some professional settings, shooting images of local events for newspapers and such. Worked fine for that sort of thing.

The Canon G series is a great camera and it shoots Raw. I think the latest one is the G12, but if budget is an issue you could get a cheaper G10 or G11 that would still be great cameras for the money.

Sony Cyber Shot is a well known famous camera and is my personal favorite…It has tremendous features and have great picture quality…

According to post #18, it appears that polyhedra purchased a camera.

Thanks to all for your input.

Thread closed.