Can FaceBook page hurt your website?

And those businesses are probably based in a small city or a town, right? If they ditched their websites for Facebook PAGES (Facebook “websites” is an incorrect term), then you don’t have to follow suit.

As for social media being ridiculous part, it’s not actually SM being ridiculous - it’s the users. Sadly, there are teens, immature adults, and self-obsessed people who tweet or post status updates every hour.

However, you have to understand that SM isn’t only one-sided, it is also a medium for disseminating news, current events, and in forming connections. You CAN also promote your business, you know.

By the way, it’s not an obsession to some: it’s already a NEED in terms of communicating with loved ones and in manning their business accounts.

[quote=“mikey_w, post:14, topic:194315”]

I thought it would dilute things if my client’s brother starts posting my hard-written articles on the Facebook page, because them people would have no incentive to visit the real website.

And if he posts things which are contradictory, then that is bad also.

My intent was always to build a great site, get it on page 1 of the search engines, and then make it the “source of truth” for all interested in my client, his business, and educating themselves on auto mechanics.[/quote]

This is NOT how Facebook pages work. Nobody posts FULL articles on their pages - instead, they post a link and an article preview. Users click on them and visit the website after doing so, thus giving you an inventive.

As for posting contradictory things, then simply coordinate with him.

How?

I’ll ask you this: how many people in your locality look for auto-related content in Google? You’ll probably have a dozen searchers, and if your website (IF) is on top of the SERPs, then you’d probably get a few dozen clicks.

That aside, I’d like to point out the difference between a Page and an Account.

A page is this - https://www.facebook.com/UPBOFFICIAL (it’s a basketball page I’m running).

And an account is a personal one - https://www.facebook.com/HaileyThomasMe

You’d be surprised at the amount of people looking for local businesses on Facebook. If they don’t find you on Google, they’ll find you on FB.

But it does make your business visible on a platform with billions of people.

3 Likes