Can I Get - How To Find Aged Domain Names

Can Anyone Finall Tell Me How To Locate A Niche Domain Thats Aged Meaning Been Registered Prior - But For Sale? im in the home remodeling arena – can anyone HELP a new forum member out thanks :rolleyes:

Such domain names can be found from the list of expired domain names.

Of course it is the associated aged content that is what makes the aged domain more valuable so if the domain comes by itself it isn’t worth much more than a brand new one.

Stephen J Chapman - thats interesting - ive been told that a domain linked and live online is best - I wanted to buy a construction related domain like remodelinghomes.com - being that they are taken - sounds like the wait to find one vs building up a newer domain - is worth while -------- ive had success with buying a domain name then on the extension just ad a blog like this oahu-handyman.com/blog ------ it is ranking for top paid keywords in Google - weird think is - ive updated it every day, use wordpress, added the blog to all the major blog directories, and more - yet still over two yrs now zero pr … with daily updated fresh contents …

trying to put this puzzle together finall

you will find aged domain on sedo don’t buy expired domains thinking there age as they have zero age and when you register these expired domain it becomes new domain with new registration date.

The search engines have access to check on who owns the domains (they became domain registrars specifically to be able to do that) and so can easily set the domain age in their algorithm back to zero if a domain changes ownership and starts pointing to a new site at the same time. After all it is the individual web pages that the search engines are ranking.

An existing domain name only has value in terms of the real people who visit the domain name and any existing links from other sites so unless the addresses continue to point to pages with equivalent information to what was there before the real people will disappear almost immediately and the links will mostly disappear in the first few months. By the time four months has passed you will have lost all of the benefit of buying an existing domain UNLESS you use that time to build equivalents of all of the web pages that were on the previous site to use that domain.

When I took over supplying the content for javascript.about.com all of the web pages that were previously there were removed and so I know from personal experience that the number of page view falls off very rapidly in the first month or so of a domain no longer having the same content - and I was busy writing my own equivalent replacement pages for many of the ones that were previously there so as to keep that drop to a minimum. In that instance the ownership of the domain didn’t change so that’s just the impact of losing the web pages the domain used to point to and doesn’t include any effect that the ownership change would have added.

I believe you need to take an active part on the domain name related forums like dnforums.
There are a lot of aged domain names are being sold.

Search the domain. If its for sale it will say so