Can I get traffic by Directory Submission

Well, I don’t think Directory submission can help you a lot… If you want visitors, try using Social Media sites. If you want also a great way to drive traffic, try Article marketing. Directory submission will help you ONLY for SEO :wink:

Directory submissions won’t give you much traffics. You should combine some SEO techniques, like article submissions, from press release sites, social bookmarkings, etc. I think you can find some info about this in this forum. Use the search box for ‘backlinks’.

Only directory submission alone will not able to get you your desired traffic. You have to do others things too like-article, press releases, social bookmarking etc…

And remember one thing concern to directory that work always with high PR and Good directory as per recent updates google has removed all low level directory from its database so don’t waste time in submitting with low level sites.

[font=verdana]As betty1 and others have said, directory submission is of limited value. Hardly anyone looks at directory sites, so you won’t get much direct traffic, and search engines pay them little or no attention.

You can advertise with Adwords, but what you need to think about is how much money you expect to make on each visitor. If it costs you $1 per click, one in ten visitors buy something and you make $5 profit from each sale, that probably isn’t going to be worthwhile, because your advertising is costing you much more than the sales it brings in. So it depends how you are planning to monetise your blog as to whether it is worth going down that route.[/font]

I think you need to be clear in your thoughts that directory submission only brings you goodwill and will help you get a good page rank. But if you are looking out for high amount of traffic, use any of the viral marketing techniques or use social media optimization to optimize your site on social networking sites.

There are a lot of off-page optimization techniques out there, and directory submissions is just one of them. Knowing that there are a lot of techniques, that would mean that the traffic it can give a site is only limited. People would probably search for something over at Google or some other search engine out there if they’re looking for something that they need.

To get traffic from Directory Submissions is not possible even many websites are their which are getting traffic from Directory Submission but basic purpose of doing Directory Submission is just to get Back-links.

If that’s really your strategy then you’re going to be sorely disappointed. Google knows that most directories give out backlinks to anyone and everyone and so those links aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on. You will get pretty much zero SEO benefit from directory links, with the exception of a very small number of high quality directories such as Dmoz.

Hi,
I think we never do directory submission as traffic generate source. directory give you traffic if its come from high pr site but high pr don’t add your site. so never expected that directory submission will give traffic to site.

Although Directory is not a good source of traffic but you can get traffic from Directory submission if the Directory have a good page rank and huge amount of Traffic. If the Directory type is similar to your site then it is better to get traffic.

Thanks
Farabi

I think you got an answers. Now try to think about others marketing strategies such as Adword,Social Media Marketing to get massive traffic and don’t despise directory submission.

Unless it’s a popular niche directory, the days of directory submission doing anything for you other than waste your time or take your money are over.

Concentrate instead on social networks, especially Google+ as that’s going to be increasingly important for ranking and traffic.

According to me directory submission will help you to get one way backlinks to your website. But for traffic socialbookmark, article submission, forum postings & SMO will help you to drive huge traffic to your website.

[FONT=Verdana]I think everything that needs to be said has been said.

Thread closed.[/FONT]