Can I insert a table in a Facebook post?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to insert a table in a Facebook post?

It’s not possible to post a table in facebook post facebook didn’t give that option.I have one solution that I mostly use in my fan page.Add the image instead of making table you can make it with modifying with your data with any editor I mostly use Photoshop for that.

Thank you for the response. I may possibly have up to twenty images that I would want to appear in a column. I’ll have to do some more thinkin’.

Twenty images its bit difficult to post in a table i think Facebook not display code because of sql injection and other script hijacking issues.

I’m a newbie at this, so your terminology went right over my head. LOL! I’ll tell you what I’m trying to accomplish, and then you may be able to guide me.

I’m trying to step into social media marketing. I want to use Facebook to market local mom-and-pop shops, stores, restaurants, weekly lunch specials, etc., in our small town. In a newspaper, you may see a variety of business card size ads scattered around on a printed page. I want to take those business card size ads and place them in one column in Facebook. If I have, say, twenty stores that I want to market for, I want to send out one main weekly post, showing all stores in a column. I don’t want to make twenty seperate posts, thereby having twenty posts appear on a recipients Wall in one day. The recipient would quickly be irritated by this many posts and, therefore, unsubscribe to my Page. I want to make one weekly posting.

Any recommendations for getting this column layout accomplished?

There is no way to include a “table” of images. You could add 3 to an album, post them and it would make a new update on your page, repeat that a few times but that’ would be a very, very poor use of the medium.

Posting a bunch of ads on a social channel does not make it a social campaign nor does it have much hope of succeeding.

If your focus is on creating a local community and showcasing businesses in it, do that, but with a photo from that week, a unique message, a request for people’s comments who have tried it: something to attach too that’s interesting. Social is about engagement which requires a conversation point… not one post of ads a week.

Finally remember Facebook weights posts based on response so even if you decide you do want to sit there and push broadcast messages against all best practices, in a few weeks few people who follow the page will see the posts in their feed.

You’re saying, then, that I need to do twenty different posts a week?

Heck no.

I’m saying you’re thinking about this all wrong. You want to post 20 businesses in front of a bunch of “followers”. There’s no value for your followers in that. It’s not a social activity. But don’t worry – learning “social” means unlearning or at least putting aside many of the traditional marketing strategies which takes some time…

Instead think about what the point of your page and content is to both sides. Create worthwhile content that people could engage over and you’ll find success… Post ads whether as one giant image, 20 individual images, a series of text posts or any other format and you’ll find your posts get no views.

So it sounds like I should not use Facebook for advertising. Would something like Constant Contact be my next option?

If you had 20 offers every week you could possibly make an email that showed them all but you’re still not providing much value. No one wants to see 20 ads at once… even 7 groupon emails a week at 50% off doesn’t “work” for most people.

Walk away from the traditional concept of pushing out a bunch of logos. Choice killed the viability of that long ago.

Instead it’s finding what people care about and how you can bring your 20 businesses, one at a time, five at a time, whatever fits [for the message, not the space you have to put it in] into that. Whether it’s facebook or email or any other medium, you need to be be building a relationship through value.

This means getting into the dirt and creating more content but if the local businesses want to remain viable that’s part of the equation. And for you, if you want consumers to actually follow your stream it’s not even an option – no one is going to subscribe or like or follow you to be sold. You have to have value.

With the economy what it is, our local country-bumpkin town is going down. The local newspaper office, which is where lots of folks advertise, may be going out of business too, and that’s how I got the idea to provide electronic advertising, such as a newsletter with ads, as opposed to print-based advertising, such as the ads in the newspaper and the inserts in the paper that provide coupons, store discounts, etc.

Walk away from the traditional concept of pushing out a bunch of logos.

Do you suggest that I not do that at all? If so, what avenue do you recommend I take? Create a Facebook Page for each business? Encourage them to get a website?

The newspaper is going down because they failed to innovate enough to retain value. Taking their model online will not change that :smiley:

Do you suggest that I not do that at all? If so, what avenue do you recommend I take? Create a Facebook Page for each business? Encourage them to get a website?

To the contrary – local communities have a growing void in information with the decline or outright death of newspapers – and filling that can be a great business and is certainly good as a citizen of the community.

You’ve got two routes in this space: build a local following and become the new information source or help the businesses promote on their own. Since you stated you’re new to social / digital, the second seems like a bad idea and a bad offering so the question is can you create content to drum up local eyeballs to build something out of. Don’t worry about how to sell ads on day one, worry about how to get people to view them – there needs to be customers before advertisers come and for customers to come there has to be value in what you are doing.

Your opportunity is in being more than a newspaper. Local culture isn’t just a function of what a few paid staff writes, it’s the interactions at the bar, the town event for the 4th of July, etc.

Every town is of course different and for some small means community next nothing which can be easy to get the eyes of [but not necessarily so digital], for others it’s a community next to something major and thus harder to attract.

[I]“. . . local communities have a growing void in information with the decline or outright death of newspapers – filling that can be a great business and is certainly good as a citizen of the community.”

[COLOR=#a52a2a]“. . . build a local following and become the new information source or help the businesses promote on their own.”

[/COLOR][/I]To satisfy that need, would a Constant Contact newsletter suffice?

" . . . so the question is can you create content to drum up local eyeballs to build something out of."

How do you suggest I do that? I need specifics. Sorry. LOL. I now feel like I’m hounding you. LOL.

Email as a medium can work for sending out news but it doesn’t offer any chance to engage. Nor can you really hope to win a market over by requiring them to see one or two emails to keep up. People browse at their own pace and may never want to optin but still follow all the time.

To do something innovative you need to be more than just a source of push content…

What did you think you were going to do? Call a few businesses, find an email solution and suddenly have this audience following to make you money? If you haven’t thought about how to get content on the local market you’re going about this wrong. Figure out your value to the person you’re trying to profit from first and then figure out how to deliver it.

Thanks. Looks like I need to go back to the drawing board. I’ll have to put a bit more thought into it.

Thank you for your time.