Can I lock an image?

I’ve gotten tired of getting a document, printing it out, signing it, and scanning it back in. So, what I have done is scan in my signature. Then when I get a document, all I have to do is Add an Image to put my signature in the right place.

Now, here’s the problem… If I send it on to someone, it looks like they can remove my signature (image). Even if I set the Properties to Locked, it looks like the next person can uncheck the Lock box and delete it.

Is there any way of making this permanent, so that no one (or at least no one but me) can remove or modify it?

A password protected PDF would probably be the best solution to that - unless they know the password to be able to unlock the page for edit they are going to have to break the PDF in some other way to be able to remove your image - even then it is unlikely they’ll be able to obtain the image with your signature.

Of course you can…there is a code available on net…by which we can lock any image.

And in the same way, there’s code to unlock it…

I agree with Felgall… probably the best solution would be a protected PDF. But then, not even then you’re 100% but… for the same reason, you aren’t 100% safe if you sing and scan it back… documents can always be manipulated, physical or digital.

Is it legal to save a signature that way as an image? I mean wouldn’t that create security issues?

There is no way to secure an image that can be displayed on the screen. Anyone can take a screenshot of it. Or print it out, and scan it back in.

That’s part of the reason why organizations still tend to send important signed documents by mail or fax rather than through email or digital documents.

Adobe offers a digital signature solution, but I can’t say I know much about it: