Can someone explain to me what social bookmarking is?

I should know this…but what exactly is “social bookmarking?” Is it similar to creating a list of followers??

Hey Wolyburger,
A quick search across this forum will turn up a LOT of info about this subject. :slight_smile:

I’m going to close this thread.

social bookmarking is sharing interesting sites and pages with people all over the world…in this way the bookmarks won’t be just in your hard drive and a lot of people would benefit from it.

it is a tool that you can add your favorite web sites or articles!in this way a lot of people would benefit from it.

If you place your links social bookmarking sites like Digg, Reddit, SU or Propeller, they will spread to a lot many websites without much effort on your part. It also get indexed your site faster.

Social Bookmarking is a site that allows users to locate, transmit, disseminate and give vote on an article from the Internet. The most popular social bookmarking sites are Digg, StumbleUpon and Del.icio.us.

Here what Wiki has to say about Social Bookmarking

It’s useful to market your sites or blogs.

its like a social networking site… only you are sharing sites…

In social bookmarking you can bookmark sites or links to the web instead of the browser. You can make friends, join groups and share your links with everyone. You get a chance to tag and submit your story about the link. You can see others bookmarks and find many interesting articles.

Its a kind of telling people about the what new things you are up to what you currently read, what you currently introduced to the market like your software, It is also a best way to get others view on any topic . if done correctly it can attract traffic that you can’t even imagine . just making followers will not help until and unless they are relevant ans most active on the community

Social Bookmarking is tagging a website. Instead of saving them to your web browser, you are saving them to the web. Most social bookmarking sites allow you to browse through the items based on most popular, recently added, or belonging to a certain category.