Can you chnage the language on a paypal payments page?

Scenario - dealing with a lot of English expats in Germany, and they want to pay me through paypal, but the problem is, is that for first-time buyers, when they’re going from my page to the paypal website to complete the paypal form, as soon as they complete the part for their country of residence, the whole page changes language to German, which they’re not able to complete. Has anyone found a way to get it displayed in English please?

I’m probably not helping here, but did you ask PayPal before you asked us?

Hi Dez,

When using PayPal payments standard, there is no way to override the language shown by PayPal when you are pre-populating the PayPal checkout pages with the payer information where you specify the billing country, as this takes presedence.

If you were not specifying the billing country in your PayPal form submission, you may set the language shown to the shopper by including the form input parameter lc having with a value GB for your British customers living in Germany. This will then given them an English language checkout page in PayPal. They would then set their billing address themselves on the PayPal page during this part of the checkout.

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">

So if you can live without pre-populating their billing address when you transfer them over to PayPal, then you will be able to control the language.

Yep,

Many thanks for this help, it’s appreciated. Will give it a try and let you know how it works out.

Just checked the code and that code :

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">

is already there??

I can live without pre-populating their billing address. Any other ideas please?