Can you recommend a web host?

For shared hosting, I’d recommend dreamhost.com, hawkhost.com.
For managed hosting, I’d recommend knownhost, wiredtree.
For unmanaged hosting, I’d recommend linode.

hostgator for shared hosting; vps.net for a scalable virtual server

I am using for more than half a year services from Arvixe. The site is working good and their support is awesome!

Go with Hostgator, much more reliable than GoDaddy.

Goddady is a domain registrar and that is their main business. For hosting, you can look for the alternative. Talk to their support team and look for the one that you are comfortable with.

There are many web host that are most popular around world so i will suggest you to choose from some such type of web host like : Hostgator, Go daddy, Blue Host, Quick host. These are the most popular hosting companies so i will suggest you to choose any only from here.

I use Host Papa, with no complaints to their customer service or their benefits they offer with the package. Suits me fine.

What I am worried about is I am the first here to mention HostPapa! Is there a reason for that, are they known for anything bad?

For Quality services and better performance choose the best alternative for web Hosting, so I’ll recommend you to use www iChooseHosting in

Quick host? They definitely don’t compare with the other names you mentioned. Those are huge hosts, with huge advertising budgets that dominate the shared hosting market. Quick host is comparatively speaking, almost non existent.

Anandsoft has a good list. The top ten lists are usually geared towards who paid for the top position on the list. Check out user reviews. My top requirements are longevity of the company and their customer service. I hate moving all my things over because a company has disappeared.

I agree with this list but id put jag 1st on my list

I can certainly recommend you a hosting provider.

As always, I first of all recommend MediaTemple, also known as (mt). They are a bit more expensive than lower cost providers, but you can choose package depending on what you need. Their relatively new service (ve) is a great bare-bones VPS with the OS you select. This is a great, cheaper alternative you can choose if you don’t need a control panel such as Plesk. I’ve used this, and it’s very nice.

If you are less comfortable with command line server management, they have the (dv) package. I use that one right now since they had not released the (ve) when I signed up years ago. (dv) includes Plesk Control Panel and is an easy VPS to manage. Their support is usually great (at least for their VPS solutions), and the quality is fantastic. Good knowledge-base with documentation.

A cheaper alternative, and fairly unknown, is 5ite.com which I found a few months ago. They have very fast Skype support, their VPS’s are fast, and you can choose between a US or European data center. I’ve been very happy with them so far.

Not sure about GoDaddy as I’ve never used their VPS. I keep most of my domains there though, and for that purpose they work very well, aside from the million checkboxes and add-ons during checkout.

However, there are many good VPS providers out there and you’ll get many, many different recommendations, most of which work well. As with so much else, once you have a list of recommended options that offer what you need, it simply boils down to personal preference.

I think you should visit this site godaddy.

I’m with hostgator and very pleased with them. As for the top x hosts sites, as someone already mentioned, I don’t find them reliable. I’d rather read 2-3 forum topics about it and make an idea than trust a list created on god knows what criteria.

you can explore webhostingtalk.com forum
in this forum you can find many people talking about good and bad web hosting provider
so far, i recommend you hawkhost and stablehost, both of these web hosting providers got a lot of positive reviews there